Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Gary's - Comrades in Arms Tutorial/Recruitment Videos!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Comrades in Arms Tutorial/Recruitment Videos!

F.A.Q

Q. Are these not just Tutorial Videos what makes them Recruitment Videos as well?

A. If you look at the latte these videos will promote CiA throughout thus not just being educational videos and bringing attention to CiA.

Q. Are other people or just you going to be making these Tutorials in this video series?

A. I Very much hope other people will have an interest in making Tutorial videos for the series, i hand made the intro and outro in Adobe After Effects so i can send these over to others to stick with the theme.

Q. What kind of Tutorial videos can we expect ?

A. Anything from how to shoot a certain weapon to how to use Miscellaneous items, What ever i can think of which i think people would like to know or find interesting and any feed back on ideas is very very welcome.

Q. There are a lot of video Tutorials out there for things in ARMA, What can you do to keep people wanting to look at CiA Tutorials?

A. I don't just plan to stay inside the box and just make Tutorials of " How to use this, How to use that " I plan to expand and maybe incorporate some tactical videos.. E.G Room clearance, Coordinated Assaults, CQB Drills things where we can show what CiA is good at, which is Teamwork.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Very much hope you guys enjoy the first video and some people will be willing to make some videos of there own to go in the series. I think this has potential not to just educate other people but on how we can expand and recruit others that may not know of us.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eD2lRYHkvhY[/youtube]

Watch in 1080 P!

Good work Gary! This is definitely something that we need here for the new and old gamers like me, hell I didn't even know how to use a sniper rifle properly in ACE.

There are a lot of tutorials that need be made. I'd like to suggest Group Formation Tutorial, now that's something that we can't seem to get right during the coop nights.

If you need assistance then feel free to ask for our help  Wink

Posted it in news section: http://ciahome.net/blog/cia-tutorial-videos/

Also I created your account for the homepage (wordpress), check pm.
Great work Gary!
First, I'll use the intro logo for my videos from now on. I've been wanting to create one for a long time now but didn't know how. I'm glad you made such a nice one!
I sniped on Friday and had to learn in an OJT manner, so this tutorial is very useful for me!
Thanks!
Thanks, yeah i will have to send you the Intro - Outro video.

Regards Gary.
Nicely done, now I even know how the kestrel is used...

Did you post it to the BIS forum ? Might be good to get a bit more exposure...
Very well done Gary!!
"Like"... Smile
(09-24-2012, 04:22 PM)Varanon link Wrote:Nicely done, now I even know how the kestrel is used...

Did you post it to the BIS forum ? Might be good to get a bit more exposure...

No i have not posted this on the BIS forums, good idea i will do this.

(09-23-2012, 07:29 PM)Kenwort link Wrote:Good work Gary! This is definitely something that we need here for the new and old gamers like me, hell I didn't even know how to use a sniper rifle properly in ACE.

There are a lot of tutorials that need be made. I'd like to suggest Group Formation Tutorial, now that's something that we can't seem to get right during the coop nights.

If you need assistance then feel free to ask for our help  Wink

Posted it in news section: http://ciahome.net/blog/cia-tutorial-videos/

Also I created your account for the homepage (wordpress), check pm.

I agree Ken there are alot of tutorials that need to be made and as for a Group Formation Tutorial this is a very good idea, The only thing is that we will need multiple players to do something like this correctly and we do not want to take anytime from are Coop nights to do this.

I suggest if i make a poll of who can show up on a certain date/night (Not a Coop Night) on a Fortnight or Monthly bases for 30 mins - 1 hour to set the scene and do some recordings this would be the best avenue.

Let me know what you think guys!

Regards
                                        Gary.
I'm up for some filming. Always wanted to be an film star so this is my dream come true! Tongue

Just let me know a day before and I should make it.
I'm on vacation now so I should be able to make it too! I remember we once used an online form to allow all to put the dates and time they can and by that conveniently schedule a date for any purpose. I think it was either Zwobot or Rund that introduced it. Any recollections guys?
Yeah! I think that's the one.
Why do we need a video to explain something that can be more easily done with a picture or illustration? If we are talking about formations there are also many guides for that. Maybe more tricky thing worth explaining is how to maintain one.

I think it's good to film it from the first person perspective, where you see how to keep track of your teammates and try to keep formation.

I agree that images are simpler in explaining the formations itself, but the real tutorial is how this applies to the game.
(09-26-2012, 04:31 PM)Misha link Wrote:Why do we need a video to explain something that can be more easily done with a picture or illustration? If we are talking about formations there are also many guides for that. Maybe more tricky thing worth explaining is how to maintain one.

I agree that an easier and still as effective way of showing the basic "Formations" can be done with a Birds eye view using picture and illustration, I have never picked up on people not knowing what formation they are being told to use in are Coop but more on the fact of maintaining one as Misha pointed out. ( Maintaining formation will have to be done from first person perspective ).

This in its self comes down to multiple things but the main one is maintaining Situational awareness when a multitude of information is being given to you and being interpreted by yourself, People get confused we all do.

In most of are Coop mission maintaining correct formation throughout is not necessary but there are certain times and certain missions where having this skill will increase are effectiveness on the field and thus directly effect if the mission will be successful or not.

I don't really want to dwell to deep into this subject as i feel as long as people know the basics it comes down to them to apply it while in Coop, also there are more productive and effective tactics/drills that can be used in any situation that i would like to cover first.

The next tutorial i would like to make will include "Bounding" , "Advancing to Contact" and "Defensive Disengagement".

Sign Up to Participate - http://doodle.com/bq7mv8w332iypx88?lt=1 ( October 25th should be the 4th )

6 people minimum is required with 8 - 10 people being perfect.

Regards
                              Gary.

(P.S) After the 6th of October i will be very busy for a couple of weeks so any time before or after will be ok for me.

Edit : Later tonight i will finish setting the Scene/Mission for what we will be doing for the next video, it will be one mission with teleportation to each different drill. ( Vanilla ARMA-CO will only be required )
Can't join this Thursday, next week probably yes.
Pages: 1 2