Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Postcard on behalf of CiA sent to BI developers apprehended in Greece
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

W0lle have sent a postcard we made using a screenshot taken in-game to Ivan and Martin. It's the middle one on the right.

[Image: cardsshipment.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Awesome! Do you have better quality picture of the post card somewhere? Would be nice to actually see it Smile
Sure it's right here. rundll made it out of a screenshot taken a week ago during Friday night special.
Nice! Thank you. Will save that one. Smile
And good work rundll!
Very nice!
Oh, thats just terrible! I hadn't even head about that. But I give it to the Greeks that, that it's not that smart to go taking pictures from military bases like that. But still, both Greece and czech being EU countries and all, it sure is a bit ridiculous. And since it has probably already been proven that they are working for a game development company and not KGB...  ???
If you read what actually happened: They had a camera recording a video in their car (on a public road!), and drove by the base. When they noticed it they shut it off.  They said the police has 18 frames of video where the base is visible...
(10-08-2012, 02:30 PM)rundll.exe link Wrote: [ -> ]If you read what actually happened: They had a camera recording a video in their car (on a public road!), and drove by the base. When they noticed it they shut it off.  They said the police has 18 frames of video where the base is visible...

What is the source of this information?

I have seen little facts of the incident so I have no real opinion about it yet to be honest.
(10-08-2012, 04:22 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]What is the source of this information?

I have seen little facts of the incident so I have no real opinion about it yet to be honest.

http://www.helpivanmartin.org/facts

I've read there had been a similar incident several years ago where a group of British plane spotters where detained for several MONTH for filming a plane on a Greek airbase.
It doesn't matter to me if they have done something against the law or not. If they were, then it's the law that suck. And as someone pointed out, if Turkey, for example, wanted to have photos of that base, it could already had them long ago.
Seriously, I'd find the whole thing ridiculous if it wasn't so serious. They are in jail for a stupid 17 frames of film - not even a full second, charged with espionage. Greece government already made themselves ridiculous with the claim that ARMA 3 could be used to plan an attack on Limnos - as if there wasn't Google Maps or a plain old vacation trip for that already.
While lurking the Serellan forums... I hear some conspiracy that their arrest was also a setup by some guy who was contacting the police to frame them for esponiage the whole time. Don't know about the legitimacy of the resource but read post #13 on this http://www.serellan.com/forums/index.php...%E2%80%9D/
Whoah... If that stuff is true... God damn that's some high level sabotage shit going on.

But if it is confirmed, that the only footage was some frames on a video of them driving past the base... The Greeks are going really weird about this. And they have been in locked up for something like 70 days now?

It's actually terribly sad that this incident hasn't gotten any global publicity. Meaning I didn't see anything on any media around here. they would already be free if this incident had gotten more interest from the media around the world.
I wouldn't believe the conspiracy thing, it's too far fetched.
I'ts the Greek politics/judges that are lazy, and wants to be able to say they got 2 spies in custody, if you ask me.
Jerryhopper's Limnos Radio interview with Maruk on the situation of Ivan and Martin

[youtube]cf-1g-LMRic&list=UUUa6kOJ-0eqL4tRxsYS7k6A&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]
Pages: 1 2