Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: YouTube Collective Copyright Infringement?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So supposively one of my youtube video got file for copyright infringement for using some music called "Orange" by some "Music Publishing Rights Collecting Company". Funny thing is, I have no music on my videos at all so I file a dispute against it. I'm wondering if any people who uploaded stuff got any of those violation notice before. I looked these guys up too and I heard they're just some frauds who go around marking people's video as copyright violation, I just wonder what to do about it beside dispute the argument?

They place this video as copyright (my first and worst quality one).
Well the sound is still there, so no problem?
I would ignore it. Either someone is trying to fool you, or it is a mistake. Have in mind that even sounds, samples, dialogues, etc, all of them can fall under copyrighted material. But in this case I would just ignore the warning as obviously infringement did not occur.

But nevertheless give middle finger to big companies whenever you can.

Yeah, as long as it has no effect on your youtube account or anything, I'd ignore it. Otherwise take it up with youtube, hopefully they can help.