Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: DCS: World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Dont worry Misha we didnt play you didnt miss anything and espacially there is no need not just because you cant snipe a tank at 5000ft slant range while inverted. We can always resort to the basics of a AFAC talking you through which makes it all the more satisfying when stuff goes boom.

Talking about Boom:
DCS Night Saturday 19.December 1900Z UTC (2000A CET/MEZ)

Who is up for it and what do you want to fly apart from UH-1 and A-10c?
I think I'm free on Saturday.

I can fly Mi8 for transport tasks (as long as you don't make me go through startup...). I've also been practicing on the MiG 21, I can do AG stuff, I suck at AA though... (I'll probably lose to anything that fights back)
Flying tonight?

I'm still waiting for the local ATC to give me permission for take off, but I am optimistic for now Smile

Anyway I can't make it next Saturday so it's now or never for this year.
I'm still up for it, I suppose Sithis as well. Haven't heard from anybody else. (unnamed?)
Unnamed will be there so it will be 4 of us
Another night of blowing shit up and finally with 4 people again.

The Gun Run hotstart worked well, we were just somehow unlucky with hitting the Infantry.

In Contested I could finally face off against Mishas F15 again, even if our strategies were reversed for what jets we were flying. How was that mission for the A-10 drivers? I noticed not too many ground units were killed even when I was shot down. Were they too hard to find or were you just hiding to far away?

Camp November still needs work and I hope that next time it goes a little smoother. What did you guys think about the threat enviroment.

I really like Manuels new A-10 mission, for some reason it forced labels on me, which made the whole thing a little too easy, but I love flying the A-10c that is reduced to almost A-10a status, instead of the missle ship it has become.

Bactria was kind of weird this time around. I dont know what was going on there. The transit seemed way to long espacially if you get hit on your first run in ;(

So for next time I got an Mig21/Uh1 mission ready to go. Also Im working on a 4 men A-10c mission. Thoughts wishes for next time?
Gun run was great even though I managed to get shot down.

(12-21-2015, 05:47 PM)Sithis link Wrote:In Contested I could finally face off against Mishas F15 again, even if our strategies were reversed for what jets we were flying. How was that mission for the A-10 drivers? I noticed not too many ground units were killed even when I was shot down. Were they too hard to find or were you just hiding to far away?

Well since you hotstarted there wasn't even time to get to a friring position from the closest canyon(from the IP waypoint that is), while we had to wait 5 minutes to finish the start up and then insert 60 (?) miles (that is flying the direc way over open terrain). flying high to get sight on the targets was not an option as cover from your radar was already limited  and the only time i got sight on the tanks  I was 9 miles out and immedeatly got pinged by your radar so i just fired on the first thing the mavericks would lock on to (wich never is what the targeting pod is locked on to apparently... well probably also because I was flying low).
for some reason even sneaking in directly under neath you didn't really work, and as I suck at spotting planes in the air in this game (maybe because of the small screen and lack of headtracking) going for you was not even an option when i knew you were close.

camp november was nice, even though it was next to impossible to find the vehicles.

manuels mission was also great,  luckily we werent limited to land via Instuments ^^. I still dont know how i managed to fly in that fast and then brake hard enough to not crash into Sithis. the labels made it a bit easy to spot the infantry, but without targeting pod thit would probably have been quite leghty otherwise.

bactria has always  been a long aproach, but this one felt like we were redeploying to another country, I wonder how much time over the target area we would have had anyways without additional fuel tanks.
Do you feel like letting the A-10 hotstart would fix this issue?
I could also move the A-10 closer and let the Supersonic jets start further away or you guys could just start flying air superiority fighters Big Grin, but all kidding aside there is no point to a mission if 2 players just get pinned down.
Sigh. Reading your great AARs makes me double annoyed that my trusty TM Hotas Cougar has finally broken down. I bought some DCS modules from Steam sale but currently I don't have proper stick to fly them with.
Dont worry we will be flying for some time.
What are your main modules btw
Contested
The mission was quite intense for me (A10), seeing the RWR warning for th SU27 is quite stressful. In a good way.
The problem this time was that with the target out in the open there is only very little time to engage once the SU27 is down. If at all I could make one run before the Flanker was back. The rest of the time I spent crawling around in the mountains around the target area.
I don't think that placing the A10 at a closer airport would really fix it. If possible the Flanker should be further away or just not start hot. Bottomline is that the A10s need more time.

Camp November
Very nice mission, except for the problems finding the Mortar Vehicle. I like the premise of getting only a vague position so you have to look for it. It just needs to be somewhere where it can actually be seen. Other then that, once again a great mission by Sithis Smile

Summer's End
I'm happy you liked it so far, even though it was still bugy. In the end a trigger didn't ...trigger (?), so you haven't seen all of it yet (it was esentially won at the point we quit though). I really have to stop rushing my missions before I make us play them.
Anyways, I'm planing on creating a campaign based on this mission, completing the story I've started. So stay tuned for more Wink

Bactria
I was just too tired when we started Bactria this time. I can only speek for myself but I think that's the main reason why it didn't feel quite right...

Canyon Carver
Awesome mission Sithis, we should do more night flying Smile

The one with the MiG21s (forgot the title)
I had great fun flying the MiG21 into battle. Considering that I still need training on that plane the difficulty was perfect for me. And finally flying something with an after burner...

you migh be right about bactria only feeling that long because we were tired ^^
I finally managed to edit some of the footage from last DCS night. Enjoy...

Sweet video. We really need to try that again next time.

I got an easy Mig-21 vs air targets ready if you feel like flying sometime during the week  Wink

Also Im working on another Mig21/Uh1 CAS mission for next Saturday.

talking about Saturday:

DCS NIGHT SATURDAY 2. January 2016 1900 UTC (2000 MEZ/CET)
Who is up for it?
i think i'll be there
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47