Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: DCS: World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Next Saturday sounds great Smile

I'm also up for some flying during the weak. I'm finally ready to switch to 1.5 btw.
After I could finally update to 1.5/2.0 (hardware restrictions...) Sithis and I did some flying today.

First some AA, M-2000C vs. MiG21. Turned out to be not much of an even match unfortunately. The Mirage's maneuverability is just way superior. The small amount of gun ammo helped to compensate though. Also me doing some really stupid things helped to even out the playing field...

After that some relaxing in a MiG21 2 ship fam. flight. Turns out we should do some more basic airplane handling training (formation landing anybody?)

And since I finally got to fly my beloved Mirage I felt obligated to provide a new video. It's a short guide on how to safely land the aircraft (featuring the new NTTR map)

Mirage has gotten my attention ever since it has been released. But I'll think I'll wait till sales and price drop. We need these fourth generation fighters and would be great to have current ones modeled to A-10C sim level.

But till then I have MiG-21 to learn to fly. I love it, but everything about this plane is difficult and takes time and time. I mean they actually use DCS to train real MiG-21 pilots.

Forecast for Saturday flight is that heavy traffic is expected and thus clearance for take off may not be given. Still, I'll maintain combat readiness and be on the standby Wink 
At least now we are all on the same version. The Mig21 really is a beauty and Im currently working on creating more MP missions for it. If you need help getting mission ready just pop me a message it is way easier to learn if someone just talks you through it.

Today we only flew A-10. The first 3 missions of the AFAC campaign. It was the first time for them in MP so I hope you guys liked it.

Mission 1 did not go as smooth as I thought it would go. I just did not expect to loose 2 A-10 to one MANPAD. Sticking to good old wingman procedures would have prevented at least one of the two losses, so I guess that is something we need to work on.
Watching from far away really is not enough since it enables the shooter to get another rocket or two off the wingman really has to be on the run in as well in order to immediatly engage.

Mission 2 worked smoother than planned since I accidently drew fire from a MANPAD that was supposed to be a trap for you guys, but me missing the Shilka kind of evened it out. The real problem was that I chose Batumi as an airport and it is a little far away in terms of fuel economy.

Mission 3 felt to easy since I was able to just go in circles and drop cbu105s. I will probably add some hidden Tunguskas and such to beef it up.
So sorry I wasn't aware of 1.5 update as it took me 1,5 hours to download it and by the time I got it I already had to go out. But I think coming Saturdays should be more doable for me in terms of time. Looking forward to Fishbed adventures!
(01-03-2016, 02:17 AM)Sithis link Wrote:Mission 1 did not go as smooth as I thought it would go. I just did not expect to loose 2 A-10 to one MANPAD. Sticking to good old wingman procedures would have prevented at least one of the two losses, so I guess that is something we need to work on.

I would rather say its best to engage known threads from a distance instead of diving straight at them. even though we had limited armament we still had enough mavericks to just say fuck this guy like we did in the last mission.... maybe we could even have some fun with that and try to do it with training mavericks xD ... also what might have saved my ass would have been if i set up the right CM profile, having CM set to semi didn't help me when the thread receiver didn't see the rocket and the profile wasn't switched to one with flares... I made a mental note to switch to C on takeoff for this ... i even saw the guy fire his rocket via my targeting pod.

second mission was okay for me with fuel... than again I was a bit slower because i had topped off my tanks before takeoff

third one was a nice burgerking mission, but there have to be some every other time.

I liked all the missions we played.... even though i might disobey the next order to attack an AA thread close range xD

maybe a mission like the last one would be nice with  a little fewer targets but stuff to keep a CAP busy?
@Misha
Too bad you didn't make it, hope you can join next time. Which leads me to the question, how about next Saturday? Anyone else up for it?

Mission1
I have to admit I was a bit lazy, so I didn't really try to do coordinated attack runs. That was a swift lesson...

Mission2
Cool mission, went smooth until that surprise Shilka at the end... I was already too fixated on delivering my bombs so I made the wrong call after Sithis called out the AAA. I still had a couple of seconds before it opened up on me, so breaking off right away might have saved me...

Mission3
Blowing up tanks in the open is really a bit too easy with the weapons we had. Adding more resistance, like Sithis said, would help to make it more exciting. Flying home and landing in formation with unnamed was pretty awesome though, I had more fun doing that than shooting targets in this mission Smile

In other news, how do you guys feel about trying a radio plugin for DCS/TS? TARS seems to be discontinued atm, but I found an alternative: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadio
DCS NIGHT SATURDAY 09.January.2016 1900UTC (2000 MEZ/CET)

So Manuel will be there how about Misha and Unnamed?
Anybody else?

Radio plugin sounds cool.
IDK wouldn't we be on the same frequency anyways? since the signal wont change with distance doesn't seem do me like that plugin would do much.
I think it depends on the used airplanes and mission design. The A10 for example has 3 radios, on of which is usually used for communication within the flight and one for communication with other flights. Personally I'm for everythink that adds a level of realism.

TARS would do the distance/line-of-sight stuff, but it hasn't been updated for quite a while, I don't think it works for current TS/DCS versions...
(01-11-2016, 09:18 PM)Variable link Wrote:
great video. a shame there are some glitches probably from digitalizing a old video

"there is no Rmin on a bullet, it will still kill nom matter how close you are, it will kill you too, but it will still kill" xD
i couldnt help but think of this when i heard BFM first time in the video

ca 3:50 "tuesdays it was heaters only wednesday BFM"
Fate decided it would rather have me attending a concert and having a beer in my hand instead of joystick last Saturday. What's worse for my participation, next Saturday there will be another concert but I will be on the other side of the stage. However, keep flying guys, so nice to have DCS crowd, and I am happy to see that player count isn't dropping!
(01-11-2016, 11:30 PM)Misha link Wrote:Fate decided it would rather have me attending a concert and having a beer in my hand instead of joystick last Saturday. What's worse for my participation, next Saturday there will be another concert but I will be on the other side of the stage. However, keep flying guys, so nice to have DCS crowd, and I am happy to see that player count isn't dropping!

I guess, we would all opt for the concert ^^. bring us a video of your concert Big Grin
@ Variable: Yeah that video is great, watched it a while ago when I started getting into the SU27, but its always worth a refresher.

@ Misha: Dont worry there is stuff that is more important than flying. We will be here for some saturdays to come Smile .

Talking about saturday:
1.Night Gunslingers
It turned out different to what I thought would happen. First off I picked the Osas as threat, because I thought they would be easy to spot, which turned out was not true, but when Unnamed ate all of their eight missles in one go we had no more AA opposing us. Sadly  visibility at the target area was horrible. One needed to hover next to a truck in order to spot it.

2.The Draken missions
I really love flying the Mig21, but I got to say I thought we would be better with the bombs. We really do need some practice. Also I was hoping that it would be easier for the UH-1 to see the remaining trucks and guide the Mig-21s to their target. In the future I ll try to place them were you can see them more easily and maybe as soon as thermal gets fixed use an A-10 as AFAC. Unnamed does that sound like a job for you? Wink You will get some CBU105s I promise.

3.Summers End
Great mission all around. I really like this kind of hectic CAS enviroment. However we need a way to find our targets without the targeting pod, but we already talked about that during the mission.

I dont know if it is just me, but all around I have a hard time spotting targets in the new patch
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47