Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: DCS: World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dang, F86 is "out of stock". They probably messed the price Big Grin The only plane I was thinking of buying.
F-86 is out of stock. Sad

EDIT: lol, didn't see previous post.

I think it wasn't a mistake on their part, for example I bought Mi-8 just when it was released and they offered it for 20$ on sale some days after.
How does a digital download go out of stock  ??? Maybe they decided in advance to only sell x number of copies cheap  :Smile

I grabbed the Sabre and Mi-8 myself. I'm fascinated by all the switches in the Mi-8 but I don't know when I'll get time to learn to fly either of them  Smile

I'm reinstalling DCS at the moment as I couldn't re-activate my modules after upgrading my hardware (kept giving some error about my time server settings being incorrect) and somehow my install had got messed up and thought it was the Steam version, so wasn't showing the Module Manager in the menu  :o
There's an update to the Shooting Range mission here Misha, so please grab that and put that on the server for Wednesday. No need to re-save it in the editor or anything, as it was created in 1.2.10 Smile

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116457
Still managed to get the Sabre at discount price Smile

I added the F86 and Mi8 to the basket, but I was hesitant so I didn't buy. Today I received a reminder that my order is still pending Smile
Guess I'm must be the least lucky. So, they added more keys for those who put the Sabre in the cart? Can you put item in cart if it's out of stock?
Oh, sorry. I added those while the full sale lasted, but changed my mind, so didn't pay. But it seems that the serials were already reserved for me, because of the order. I was thinking about the Mi8, but it was still a bit pricey for me, but when I saw today, that the old order is still pending with the old prices, I took the bait.

But Misha, if you don't mind the bus ticket, you can try out the Sabre on my rig anytime Smile
I have installed TacView and Slmod! However, I'm not sure that Slmod manual is up to date, some thing don't happen as they were described in a manual. For example, mission folder inside Users/.../DCS/Slmod wasn't created?

TacView was very quiet, only later, after I flew some missions, I found out it was recording all of the time.

I downloaded all missions you posted here, so think we should be ready for tomorrow!

Hope to practice more, but time is tight!
Forgot to mention that Tacview is payware, which is a shame. Private licence is 20 eur. But is there free edition, I think it's mentioned on their website and what are the differences between payed and free version?

It's really amazing though!
Yeah, the free version is good enough I think though.  It shows the differences here http://lomac.strasoftware.com/tacview-order-en.php

By the way, check you have "allow_object_export = true," in Saved Games\DCS\Config\network.cfg, as this will allow clients to record their own Tacviews. It was already like that in mine, so maybe Tacview does it when it installs or maybe I did it a long time ago and forgot Wink

For Slmod, after unzipping the "net" folder to Saved Games\DCS\Scripts, you have to run a mission (SP works I think but try multiplayer if that doesn't do it) before the Slmod folder is created in Saved Games\DCS\.

The latest version that I linked to, v7.2.63 http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=21...81%7CSLMod , is not by the original author who's stopped working on it, so that might explain some inconsistencies in the manual, although the zip includes a "Slmod v7_2 Manual rev0.pdf", so I imagine that he's written/edited that and it should be up-to-date.

PS. I found there's a bug with the SU-25T training missions where Space doesn't always work to fire the missiles! You could just map a joystick button to Fire in Controls but I use Xpadder to map keyboard commands to joystick buttons and use one button as a modifier to double-up the commands I can use my limited buttons for, so that doesn't really work for me. I might try remapping Fire to something other than Space (if I can find a spare key!) and hopefully that will work.
Are you sure Doveman about the space key? I didn't notice it and I flew the Su-25T a LOT the last couple days.

BTW I'm getting frustrated by the Georgian Oil War campaign for the Su-25T. I keep getting shot down by Igla MANPADS. They're virtually invisible in urban areas and you don't get any warning for them. So I have 16 missions under my belt, and still didn't go past mission 4. The general advice is to keep high above their range, but how the hell should I shoot my rockets when the cloud cover is at 1500-2000m. It's seems far from a rookie campaign when I have to dual-role CAS and SEAD.
I think it's just a bug in the training missions because they use space to continue. I tried in a non-training mission and it was fine, so I'm going to change fire to y and try the training missions again.

The campaigns can be frustrating in DCS, some more than others. Might want to put labels on. There's a mod that makes them just dots if you feel the full labels are cheating Smile

EDIT: Yep, the training missions worked flawlessly with Fire mapped to Y instead of Space. I've asked the testers to file a bug report, as it's not a very good introduction for new players, when the training missions aren't working properly  :Smile
Good news, I installed Slmod finally, first time the problem was that I had it in wrong folder. This time it created folders and is more than happy to provide me with various info inside missions. And for tomorrow we also have Tacview to play with. I didn't collect any new missions myself, but everything posted on this forum ended up in mp missions folder. I tried target practice mission and it's good for practice, only bad thing is that it has no info at all about targets, they are only mentioned in the beginning, but maybe Slmod can show them?

Had practiced with Su-25T weapons and it's not that hard. Actually, the hardest part is to recognize what you carry on your wing and know which launch mode it uses.

See ya tomorrow, 2000 CET, another CiA DCS session! Server name: comrades in arms, password: same as for arma coops.
Great Misha Smile

I tried that Respawnable Multiplayer Shooting Range and it seems to work quite well. It starts with a load of targets quite near the airfield you take-off from and they can be seen on the F10 map but if you open the radio and press F10, you get various options to spawn different targets elsewhere and I think the Nav points auto-adjust to lead you towards the targets but I'm not sure about that. Haven't quite worked out what all the options do yet but it seems to be mostly working.

Regarding labels, these are enabled/disabled in two places. Firstly, in the Mission itself, so if you click on Customise - Mission Options, you'll see something like this, where you can see Labels is ticked but Enforce is not:
[Image: ME_Options.png]

what that means is that Labels will be allowed (clients can still choose to turn them off) as long as the Host hasn't disabled them in his own options here:
[Image: DCS_Options.png]

So if you had Labels unticked AND "Use These Options for all Missions" ticked, this would disable labels for all clients in any mission that doesn't have Labels enforced.

Or to put it another way:

Any setting not forced by the mission but the host has "use for all missions" checked are applied to the client.

If nothing is forced by the mission or the host then everything is based on the settings of the client.

It might be an idea to have labels allowed, at least whilst we're learning and then each player can disable them if they choose with Shift+F10, or use mods to reduce the distance they show at, make them show only as dots, etc. So just make sure you don't have "Use These Options for all Missions" ticked and we should be good.

If the mission maker has enforced disabled them, then the only way to change that is to edit the mission. I checked the missions in my Slmod folder (probably the same as yours) and the Hoggit TNN ones have them enforced disabled but I couldn't change it and re-save them, as they throw up an error about the F-86Fs having wrong radio frequencies, so something's obviously changed since that was created.

Clear_TkvarcheliMPx2.miz threw up errors about waypoints when trying to re-save it with 1.2.10, so that probably needs fixing to work properly.

Those that I could re-save OK I tagged (1210 labels) on the end. Some of them already had labels allowed but I took the opportunity to re-save them with v1.2.10 anyway. I uploaded them here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1fDI89...sp=sharing
Sigh...

bought Burning Cliffs 3, activated it on DCS world, and now it tells me it needs Flaming Cliffs 2 to be installed ? Are you fucking kidding me ? Neither their own store, nor steam tells you about that, so what the fuck is going on there ?