Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Strange PC startup problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something is wrong my computer so I put it for a lab check.
The damn thing won't load, or load with no picture, while all the time the GPUs fan is on high speed. Of course that at the lab it worked perfectly. It happened before and I managed to fix it just by changing the electricity distributer I used, but that didn't help now. I tried in several sockets in the house, with or without a distributer.
I have the same problem since yesterday, but that's because of excessive overclocking...

It does boot when I turn offf and on the little switch on the back of the power suppy, but only once.  A hot reboot makes it hang before the bios.

Your problem sounds very similar, but I guess you didn't change any configuration?  If not, i'd suspect something with your motherboard (assuming that your power supply is good, since the fans do run)

I would try swapping PSU with other one, or if that shows nothing, swap GPU. I assume electric installations at your home are ok?

edit: oh, I see you already took it to the service, they will find out I guess.
The service checked all the computer components and found nothing wrong. in the lab the computer loaded ok. Of course when I came home with it it loaded just fine... I still suspect the power in my apartment.
Maybe just something that came loose. My dad once told me if a computer doesn't work, lift it up a few centimeters and let it drop. This fixes 50 % of all computer problems since most of them are mechanical problems /seating of cards and cables).
(10-15-2012, 05:00 PM)Varanon link Wrote:Maybe just something that came loose. My dad once told me if a computer doesn't work, lift it up a few centimeters and let it drop. This fixes 50 % of all computer problems since most of them are mechanical problems /seating of cards and cables).

I think your dad is from the era that computers occupied a whole room, and hence this being a joke Smile
Well, my dad was from that era, yeah, but he actually applied that to PC's (or what went for PC's in the '80 and '90).