Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Serellan's Takedown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The tactical shooter that went on kickstarter and succeed, Takedown. It looks really promising (unfortunate for Ground Branch it didn't make it) but Takedown did.

To me Takedown looks like the successor to SWAT 4 & Rainbow Six series while Ground Branch looks like the successor to Ghost Recon and a mix of America's Army.

Work looks like its been on the making pretty quick as well after the kickstarter campaign was a success.

[youtube]eE15QZomY0c&feature=g-user-u[/youtube]
Looks really great. I've had some really great moments with Swat 4 with my friends. Smile Even though they constantly went for lone wolfing and do-this-as-quickly-as-possible mode..

But I wonder how "hardcore" will the game be? I mean should you expect almost the whole building know you are there after you fire an unsuppressed weapon inside and should you constantly have someone looking for the teams back because someone heard you and is now flanking you. Swat wasn't that great on the AI because they mostly just stood still, or they walked on the certain waypoints.
Looks like Rainbow Six (which isn't a bad thing, mind you)
It's really a shame that an innovative  concept like of Ground Branch doesn't get the support it needs and a game like that, that look exactly like a game that was already developed does.
Looks like I heard its release was quite a disappointment. Maverick decided to launch up Ravenshield to compare the 2 since Takedown seems to try to be a spirtual successor of Ravenshield. Maverick have takedown since he kickstarted.

From what he told me, Ravenshield AI are better than Takedown's. It's still lacking there and watching Totalbiscuit videos, MP looks broken and such saying 0/12 people on each server when there are actually people, you don't know who's in there.

For coop CQB, probably best to stick to Ravenshield and SWAT 4 for now. I did wish Ground Branch get their cash instead. They work their details so fine while Takedown seems a bit rushed.

I guess it seems to focus more on the MP aspect than SP so AI won't be too great.
I read they are getting bashed heavily by players. Even got one of Ground Branch devs to come to their defence.