Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO_50 A Gap in the Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A quick teaser of a large scale mission involving HAC I've been putting together. Think an overstrength Platoon Vs a reinforced company (with a half decent commander).

Freedom to move and fight how you want, hopefully decent balancing, a reasonable backstory and motives as to why its happening, an intelligent enemy, realistic scaling.

The Mission map.
[Image: arma2oa2012110809520201.jpg]
Sounds cool MJ, how many players were you thinking about?
For who are you making this mission? Do I smell a joint coop night?[size=0.7em] Smile [/size]
Those distance will mean a lot of driving. Big Grin
It's around 7km from the starting position to the breach position, which is quite small, so the platoon will be attacking on a single front. Is there some sort of purpose for a big distance like that? Smile

Variable: The subject says CO_50?
At the moment, its slotted for 50 players, though you can play with a lot less due to high command. Keep in mind, the enemy is around 5 platoons of enemy infantry, and about 4 of tanks plus supports so high numbers of players is recomended.

@Bubba
Its so you have a choice of places to engage, and a decent distance of ground to give. Ypu will never get to the breach before the enemy, but you have another 6km of road to defend along. As far as real world goes, thats about the sort of distance I'd like to be given in a situation like this. I did make it with a joint coop night in mind, but as much as that, I wanted to see how well HAC works in MP. I know it works in MP, I just want to see how the AI deals with it.
Okay. I was just curious whether it had any other meaning than to torment us. Big Grin
(11-08-2012, 09:32 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. I was just curious whether it had any other meaning than to torment us. Big Grin

In real life you have to go a long way to get to a fight, so why not in Arma?

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!  Tongue
(11-09-2012, 09:50 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote: [ -> ]In real life you have to go a long way to get to a fight, so why not in Arma?

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!  Tongue

I'm quite sure I'm going to learn that sooner than later, trust me. Big Grin