Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: TS3 Overlay issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get the impression I'm not the only one seeing this. When someone disconnects and reconnects to the TS3 server, their name gets duplicated in the TS3 overlay and this repeats every time they do this, so I can end up with multiple entries for one person.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Also, I find the overlay tends to be a bit small vertically, meaning I can only see about 6 names without toggling to it and dragging the scroll bar, making it a bit pointless when there's more players than that. I did try changing the "Overlay initial height" on the Display tab but I don't think I managed to get it to do anything, nor did the settings for Colours and font size on the Colors tab change anything either.

Anyone had any luck tweaking those?
Doveman, I found earlier (when my overlay worked), The best way to use it is to only show the people that are talking. This works by choosing from the overlay, display options, the initialization mode and setting it to minimal. Normal shows all of the people and different colour for the ones speaking. Full shows all of the different channels and people in them.

But if the long name bar is what you wish for, go to "plugins" -> choose "teamspeak 3 overlay plug in" and "settings" -> "display" and there is a a setting "overlay initial height". Try putting some more height to it and tell us whether it changed anything!

Q: Now I'm going to ask my own question here. I can see the damned overlay in other games. Not in Arma2. If I launch two games after each other, without quitting teamspeak or doing anything, it still is not there in arma 2. I have no idea what to do. I do also have the latest GPU drivers.
Thanks Bubba, that makes much more sense just to show who's speaking, rather than taking up half the screen showing everyone, so I'll try that. Heh, maybe it will break my overlay in A2 just like yours and then at least it might help you track down the problem Wink

I'll try increasing the initial height from 180 to 300 as well though, just to see if it works now as I'm sure it didn't when I tried before but maybe it needed a restart of TS3/ArmA.

PS. I notice that the Overlay has Profiles, so if you've got one for ARMA2OA.EXE, that will be what's used, not the Default one, so check if you've got that and if there's any dodgy settings in it.
My overlay would disappear every time I updated TS. Basically I got it working just by unchecking it from the plugins, relaunching TS and checking it back on. You also might want to check the settings and make sure it's not being displayed outside of your screen (in position settings).
Also make sure you launch TS before Arma. Hope you get it working.
Thanks Bubba, that Minimal setting worked great. I can even make the overlay shorter now, making it much less intrusive, as it's only showing one or two names at a time  Smile
(11-21-2012, 01:04 PM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Bubba, that Minimal setting worked great. I can even make the overlay shorter now, making it much less intrusive, as it's only showing one or two names at a time  Smile

You're welcome. Smile Glad I could help someone, since I'm always the one asking for help. Big Grin But yeah, I found the minimal to be the most useful option.
(11-21-2012, 01:04 PM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Bubba, that Minimal setting worked great. I can even make the overlay shorter now, making it much less intrusive, as it's only showing one or two names at a time  Smile

Second that, and it makes up for the duplicate names bug. Helpful tip I didn't know!
I seem to have managed to break the overlay and it's not loading anymore!

All I recall doing is increasing the fade time from 50ms to 100ms but TS3 may have updated recently as well.

I've still got the profile Arma2OA.exe set to Enforce Loading, Enable Direct3D 9. The default profile is set to Disable Loading. I guess I should try changing that and see if it's overwriting the A2OA profile for some reason.

EDIT: Yep, using default works so for some reason something's changed to stop the ARMA2OA.EXE profile working.

Default profile in the config looks like this (when enabled)

Code:
[default]
videorecording.codec.params=
videorecording.codec.name=
overlay.display.fontfile=arial.ttf
overlay.display.fontcolor.talking=FFFF007F
overlay.popup.fontsize=12
overlay.display.fontsize=12
overlay.display.backgroundcolor=FF000000
overlay.display.fontcolor.silent=FFFFAA00
overlay.display.fontcolor.channel=FF00AA00
x64.enable=false
popup.initialization.backgroundcolor=
overlay.display.fadeouttime=500
overlay.initialization.height=300
overlay.initialization.mode=minimal
dll.disable_loading=false
d3d8.enable=false
d3d10.enable=false
opengl.enable=false
d3d9.enable=true
d3d11.enable=false
dll.force_loading=true

whilst the ARMA2OA.EXE profile looks like this

Code:
[ARMA2OA.EXE]
overlay.initialization.width=192
overlay.initialization.xpos=500
overlay.initialization.ypos=3
overlay.display.fontcolor.silent=80F2C700
overlay.display.fontcolor.channel=FF999900
overlay.initialization.height=180
overlay.display.fadeouttime=100
overlay.display.window.opacity=1

I note this is missing "d3d9.enable=true" but that seems to be by design as if I untick "Enable Direct3D 9" it adds "d3d9.enable=false" but removes this if I re-enable it. I even tried adding the true setting manually but it didn't help.

I guessed that maybe the game profiles only list the settings that differ from Default, so unticked Direct3D 9 for that and set it back to disabled but that didn't make any difference. Then I completely deleted the ARMA2OA profile from the plugin settings, closed it and reopened and it had recreated it with the extra line

Code:
[ARMA2OA.EXE]
overlay.initialization.width=192
overlay.initialization.xpos=500
overlay.initialization.ypos=3
overlay.display.fontcolor.silent=80F2C700
overlay.display.fontcolor.channel=FF999900
overlay.initialization.height=180
overlay.display.fadeouttime=100
overlay.display.window.opacity=1
d3d9.enable=true

still doesn't load with A2OA though. I guess I'll just use the default profile enabled for now  ???

EDIT2: Nope, that's not working for me now either!!
Well it doesn't work for me as well. No freaking idea why.
I seem to recall getting the TS overlay to run with EVE Online, but I couldn't figure out a format that I liked so I just turned it off. It was too instrusive.

Do one of you guys have a link to a good simple "how to set up your TS overlay" for Arma2?
I wonder if this is related to the Radeon Pro overlay not displaying bug. I guess I could try running Arma2 with the XP parameter as that got the RP overlay to work, although it made Arma2 unstable so it's only for testing.

I must have messed something up editing the ini I think, as it was working with just the default profile enabled until I edited the ini! I'll try backing it up and deleting it and maybe it will recreate it with the safe settings.
With a recent update it broke for me too but I recall replacing the dll's with another version some time ago.

Version of the plugin do you have?  mine is 3.7.14

edit: there is even a newer version: http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/download/
(03-27-2013, 10:58 AM)rundll.exe link Wrote: [ -> ]With a recent update it broke for me too but I recall replacing the dll's with another version some time ago.

That website doesn't work for me.
(03-27-2013, 10:58 AM)rundll.exe link Wrote: [ -> ]With a recent update it broke for me too but I recall replacing the dll's with another version some time ago.

Thanks, I currently have 3.7.16 so I'll try 3.7.18 and if that doesn't work, 3.7.14.

EDIT: Interestingly, I was unable to update it because the files were locked and I so I tried unzipping the files manually and narrowed it down to ts3overlay_hook_win32.dll being locked by Radeon Pro, so I wonder if the TS3 Overlay is somehow connected to the lack of RP FPS overlay in Arma2 that some of use have been having. Probably not actually as I'm sure I've tested RP without TS3 loaded.

Anyway, after updating the plugin and killing RP the overlay is working. Then I loaded RP but with API monitoring and Advanced D3D9 hooking disabled and it still worked, then re-enabled both options and it still worked (still no RP overlay though) so I think the TS3 overlay thing is fixed now thanks.

I'm still not sure how we're supposed to add custom settings for a game in the TS3 Overlay though, as the + button is greyed out. Ah, it seems to create profiles automatically when the game is first run as it didn't even have a profile for Arma2OA when I checked after updating the plugin but does now that I've run the game. Still not sure why there's a + button though.
I've already asked Mark, author TS3 Overlay, about this problem but it seems that the RP and TS3 Overlay can't work together  :-\
Pages: 1 2