Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [CiA] Teamspeak 3 whisper setup guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I am now set up with this. I hope. Now to bury myself so far down the Chain of command that I never have to use it. :

@WCG
That is a really odd error. I was Just on the ts3 setting up the whisper lists and I experienced no such thing.
Is your teamspeak 3  set up properly? I  found that I was using 32bit ts3 for some reason. I switched and suddenly my overlay works.

As for the ping? I never ever trust the reported ping. I find it "usually" lies when in the server selection screen.
What it really means to say is I have something running that the server doesnt like so its just going to show me a random number and hope I go away.

I didnt even realise that CIA had a A3 server. Ill try connecting to it  and see if it lies or not. (running dev build)

To stop the connecting messages select

1. Options
2. Notifications
3. Change sound pack to Sounds Deactivated.

Try to connect and see if that fixes the problem with the constant messages.
Just to confirm it  when you connect it looks akin to this? http://imgur.com/EftiPMA
Questions

1. Do you experience the same with other ts3 servers?
2. What version of ts3 are you running? 32/64 bit 3.0.10

(this should probably be taken to troubleshooting section so we dont derail this thread)
WCG, I suspect you connected to the Zeus server instead of ours (it's hosted too on the same machine). Make sure you use both the address AND the port number, like that - ts.ciahome.net:9988

Victor is right about your ping. The only way to judge if you can play with us is trying to connect and play.
Thanks, guys. As it turns out, I was able to play Arma III with you today, despite a reported ping of 2500. Thanks a lot! It was a lot of fun.

And Teamspeak worked fine, too. It's hard to tell what I was doing wrong previously, but I'm a complete newb at this.

I do have a recurring sound problem in Arma III, which happened once today. Sometimes, I lose all sound in the game, and the only thing I can find to fix it is to close the game and restart it.

When that happened this time, I also lost the ability to speak in Teamspeak. I could still hear everyone else, but you couldn't hear me. So I had to close out of that, too, then start it up again. I don't know if anyone else experiences these sound problems, but it hasn't been a big problem.

Thanks again. I'll look for you again next Friday. (I don't own Arma II.)
You are welcome. We had some good games tonight. Looking forward to playing with you again!

(04-06-2013, 12:37 AM)WCG link Wrote: [ -> ](I don't own Arma II.)
Bill, you really should get Arma 2. It's probably ten times better than Arma 3 in its current alpha state. Got tons of missions with tons of content, especially compared to Arma 3 and its few infantry, couple of vehicles and two choppers.
I do not yet own Arma 3. I imagine that eventually, with mods and addons it will be as good or better than Arma 2 OA. But I reckon that will be a good long while before it crosses that threshold.

The amount of content and options in Arma 2 is mind-boggling. Plus, the community is fantastic.
(04-05-2013, 04:07 PM)Anthropoid link Wrote: [ -> ]Basically, you create an account, log in to a TeamSpeak address...
You don't need an account to use TS3.
(04-06-2013, 12:41 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Bill, you really should get Arma 2. It's probably ten times better than Arma 3 in its current alpha state. Got tons of missions with tons of content, especially compared to Arma 3 and its few infantry, couple of vehicles and two choppers.

I looked at Arma 2 some time ago, but there are always too many games and not enough time. That's still the case, especially since I have a lot more time to play games in the winter than the rest of the year. (I've been too busy to play at all this week, except for Friday.)

Besides, one of the reasons I bought the Arma 3 alpha was so I could try to learn it before it had a ton of content. It's hard enough to learn everything as it is, at least for me. So I think I'll stick with Arma 3 and expect to be just a casual player, even with that.

Thanks,

Bill
GUYS! go to Settings > Options > Playback, and increase to the maximum "Sound Pack Volume". I can't believe I had the TS plugin that low all the time... Big Grin
After reinstalling windows, I can't get the whisper plugin to work. I installed only the 64 bit dll and the whisper_plugin folder, but it says "plugin failed to load: failed to open plugin. API version 0 Required 19.

Can anyone advise?
What version of teamspeak are you using ?
3.0.13.1, the latest.
That's the one I'm using too. I use 32 bit, though, but I think Alwarren uses the 64 bit version (I accidentally installed the 32 bit TS).

I would suggest re-downloading the plugin again, deleting the one already installed, and re-installing it. Maybe access control did mess something up ?
I re-installed it several times, no joy. What I think is the cause of it is that I simply copied all Teamspeak folder to my SSD, then the plugin stopped working. I guess I need to re-install teamspeak but I got so much shit there (theme, plugins) that I really don't want to go through this...
I just reinstalled the whole thing. still doesn't work.
(12-28-2013, 11:59 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I re-installed it several times, no joy. What I think is the cause of it is that I simply copied all Teamspeak folder to my SSD, then the plugin stopped working. I guess I need to re-install teamspeak but I got so much shit there (theme, plugins) that I really don't want to go through this...

I think that you forgot to copy TS3Client folder from C:\Users\you name\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client and that is reason why copy-paste don't work  ???

If you still have previous installation of TS3 on HDD try to find that folder and copy to SSD.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5