Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Missions Needed to Be Fix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once I get some time I hope, I'll probably start off with fixing or tweaking some of my existing missions from these packs.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2178196

Can anyone report to me what missions may need some work to be fixed on?

So far here's my plan.

- fix up all the briefing (adding the *click here* stuff to point to the older missions where notes were just texts but you can't click much to go to markers) (will be on most briefings but not all)
- redoing the bigger Vyshie Coverfire notes
- Fix up the time of day param to make the default morning instead of having the players to manually set it away from night time
- add a parameter as default to have lesser vehicles on black mountain crisis (they can set it back to normal with too much vehicles if they wanted)
- fix lag spike on whorehouse invasion (will need an explanation of what is causing it but from you guys' reports I hear too much AIs? I'm wondering whether I should lower AI probability, reduce AIs, or both)
- change flash of the blade's AI detection to execute hostage to detect BLUFOR instead of fire weapon
- completely scrap Zargabad Genocide (was too unplayable)
- add more ACE rucks for the ACE version of other missions to carry medical equipments? Other than that how are the ACE converts? I tend to make it a bit quick and dirty on ACE versions.
- add "minefield" on Home Plate escape mission so players are more limited than walking on the edge of the map to avoid all enemies (something I would do)

Any more bug fixes or things that I need to do?
(12-01-2012, 08:57 AM)Phantom link Wrote:- add a parameter as default to have lesser vehicles on black mountain crisis (they can set it back to normal with too much vehicles if they wanted)
I would do it the other way around. Have the default on much less QRF armored vehicles and add a "difficulty: Extreme" parameter to have it as it is now. Right now it's virtually impossible for eight men to fend off or avoid this force. Great mission by the way.

(12-01-2012, 08:57 AM)Phantom link Wrote:- fix lag spike on whorehouse invasion (will need an explanation of what is causing it but from you guys' reports I hear too much AIs? I'm wondering whether I should lower AI probability, reduce AIs, or both)
We tried this mission again and had no lag spikes. Maybe on the first time we tried the server was to blame. Sorry about the false alarm.
(12-01-2012, 11:22 AM)Variable link Wrote:I would do it the other way around. Have the default on much less QRF armored vehicles and add a "difficulty: Extreme" parameter to have it as it is now. Right now it's virtually impossible for eight men to fend off or avoid this force. Great mission by the way.

That's what I meant. Sorry if I worded it badly.

(12-01-2012, 11:22 AM)Variable link Wrote:We tried this mission again and had no lag spikes. Maybe on the first time we tried the server was to blame. Sorry about the false alarm.

So that mission should be fine correct?
Seems like it, yeah.
Thanks for making missions Phantom, they are great!
Anything else that I should fix?
Nothing more comes to mind now, but check the comments on your missions in the mission list (make sure to check all tabs), if there's anything broken it should be noted there.
About whorehouse invasion lagspikes. On the non-ACE version its fine around 60 FPS last time I tried. On the ACE version I tried it drops down to 5-10 FPS (unplayable). I did a little test and decide to remove all the women, a couple of those guys waiting in line, a couple vehicles, etc., FPS went up but it bounces up and down a bit drastically. It goes from about 30 FPS to 60 FPS and bounces around there here and there so it seems to go like a stutter to me but its much more playable after I did that. I think that would be the best I would be able to do on that one unless I want to trim down the AI numbers a bit more. I'll let you guys decide on that one if its playable enough or not.
You broke co16_lumber_mill on cherna with your latest update Smile
All the enemies are outside in the yard.
Are you sure? I tried launching the editor up really quick as a civilian to check it out and they're still in the buildings to me. In the ACE version I see a few walking out the building but the majority of them are still inside the buildings. (They do have probability of presence).

Tested: I did a no ASR AI and that seems fine to me. I enable ASR AI on the next test and they started to walk out the building when combat occurs. It happened the worse on ACE where they would bunch up really hard by the door (a well place nade will take them all down) but with ASR AI on, it seems like they'll leave the building during combat. A lot of them left on ACE, a few will stay, a little less leave on regular but they still will leave the building. I'm assuming its ASR AI. Can you confirm?
We don't have ASR AI on our server, just ACE. On our playthrough there was about 20 enemies standing infront of that 3 story building, all bunched up like a giant blop of people. Tongue
This was before any combat had occured and before the enemy had even seen us.
I did remember seeing that during quick testing last night on ACE. Vanilla seems fine. Right now I don't know whether its an AI problem with ACE or is it just me but I didn't meddle with the AIs at all during the updates. I just added ammobox and a few briefing changes.