Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Bohemia Interactive Winter sales!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you don't know already, BI is throwing Arma 2 75% off at the moment I'm writing this.

I believe it's likely that the DLCs will be on sale at some point, so if you still don't have some of them, I suggest you keep checking the site regularly! Smile

https://store.bistudio.com/
Thanks Bubba, I'll try getting my friend to buy it now.
I'm waiting for carrier command to go in sale, as I'd like to try it.  Please warn me if you see it there! Smile
Just bought Carrier Command for 50% off. Lets see if it's good Smile
(12-13-2012, 11:43 AM)rundll.exe link Wrote:Just bought Carrier Command for 50% off. Lets see if it's good Smile

I actually wouldn't bother with the campaign, I gave up on that after a while. Stupid shooter sections don't fit the game at all.
Unfortunately, I gave up too. If it wasn't  a nice contribution to BIS, I would regret buying it.
As I was always interested in the RTS / FPS hybrids, it might be just what I like, but lets see.  It's one of the reasons I was a big CTI fan/addict in the OFP era.
(12-13-2012, 04:14 PM)Variable link Wrote:Unfortunately, I gave up too. If it wasn't  a nice contribution to BIS, I would regret buying it.
I do play the strategy part occasionally. I was a big fan of the original Carrier Command on the Amiga Smile
Is the Carrier Command worth 20€? I'm thinking of buying since the RTS/FPS concept interests me quite a bit.
As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think so.
I'm enjoying the game until now, but it seems to get a bit repetetive soon, as there is not much variety. 
Also the AI and the control of them is cumbersome and goes against what you're used to in Arma.

On the other hand, I think this is the most polished game you'll see from BIS. It just works.
Agreed with rundll, it works without any major bugs. AI is a bit etchy, especially the walrus pathfinding, but they did improve it with the last patch.

Overall, it's fun for a few hours. As a fan of the original 1989 Amiga game, I have to admit I like it.
Thanks for the opinions! If it comes on Steam winter sales for 15€ or under I will certainly buy it then.
For who didn't know yet, Bohemia is having a bundle on HumbleBundle, get A2 CO, ToH, Carrier Command etc etc for only 6€!

I got it just because I have all my games on steam then. (I have 3 copies of A2 now, (spocket/steam/DVD...))