Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Old School Tom Clancy Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering but does anyone here play Ghost Recon Original or Rainbow Six Ravenshield? There's a Tom Clancy franchise sale on steam.

I hate the new games though with its crappy DRM, no dedicated server, console ported, dumbed down stuff.

I don't got them for steam though but I play sometimes (if I have time for them or get to them, not oftenly unless someone wants to play with me <got no one haha>).
I used to play raven shield on sp but I don't see me playing mp.
I usually play MP when I play which I don't play too often, but once in a while. Most of the time I see people fragging and clearing or just trying to gun them down, so I decided to try flashing and clearing Big Grin . What I like was everyone else started doing that on the interior rooms and that work out really well. Pretty nice public servers overall to me, especially the SAS server unlike most games I see nowadays due to the new generation of casual gamers, pubs aren't so enjoyable anymore.
I used to play RVS regularly and I still have it on my steam lib. SAS server is definitely the best one along with NATO task force. Actually those are the only servers you can actually play on, others are shit Tongue

Wish someone could host a private game but the hosting is a pain in the ass with modern tech, namely routers. It is near impossible to get a server running if you're using a router.
I guess the other option would be to play on a listen server (I got my ports open for ravenshield and can host but my internet sucks so people will lag like crazy) or play across some gaming services like voobly or gameranger (gameranger I prefer for ravenshield and I this is where people play SWAT 4 on now after server browser was removed for gamespy or the alternate server browser)
  May I suggest a Lan program like Tunngle for playing with friends. I'm not sure if it is possible but it works with most older games that don't have dedicated servers for them. You would not have to port forward anything and Tunngle connects you to your friends thru lan connection.
Yeah, Tunngle works, but I'm not too fond of it, but then same with hamachi getting in the way of my LAN connections all of the time (especially when I feel like hosting for certain games and I can't get through because of Hamachi). My favorite to use is gameranger. They have support for SWAT 4, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six. Quite a handful of old games on there.
I play raven shield and have ghost recon somewhere and I have swat 4 + expansion. Check out the raven shield 2.0 mod its awesome and really revitalizes the game...anyways hit me up if you ever want to play.
I followed your advice tried Raven Shield 2, and it looks awesome except for the ridiculous goggles. I mean, you have a field of view of about 90 degrees in this type of game (as opposed to over 150 in real life), and they spoil it with this...

Do you know of any way to get rid of them ?