Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FHQ Task Tracker (Obsolete)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Error when assigning tasks/briefing to a named unit in FHQTT2, the named unit doesn't get tasks.

Quote:[
  pilot,
      ["task01B", "Locate and join Alpha", "Locate and join Alpha","Locate and join Alpha", "assigned"],
      ["task02B", "Return to base", "Return to base","Return to base", getMarkerPos "start"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Quote:[size=1em]Error in expression <y;
};
case "OBJECT":
{

_outputArray = [_inputArray];
};
case "SIDE":
{

{if (si>
  Error position: <_inputArray];
};
case "SIDE":
{

{if (si>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _inputarray
File C:\Users\marko\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Outlawz7\missions\co09_otl7_acr_eagle_down.Woodland_ACR\fhqtt2.sqf, line 155[/size]

Code also doesn't work for assignment.

21:56:05 Error in expression <reprocessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt2.sqf";

[
{(side player) != west)},
["Mission", >
21:56:05  Error position: <[
{(side player) != west)},
["Mission", >
21:56:05  Error Generic error in expression

I would also like to request a feature to allow arrays of objects ie. [unit1,unit2,unit3] and an option to assign to all playable/switchable units ( regardless of side, faction, group etc.)
I'll check this one I'm home again. I've got a new version ready since ages anyway, just didn't publish it yet
Im getting a bit of a strange issue with FHQ Task Tracker.... it seems that when I run my mission in editor, no briefing or tasks are being set... but when I upload to dedicated server and run, everything is setting correctly.

The strange thing is, another project works fine when run local... its just this new one... and I know it was working the other day

I have scrolled through so many lines to find what change I may have made to cause this but finding nothing

Does anyone here know of any possible reason why briefings and tasks will  not be set when run local, but will work on a dedicated server?

I have attached the full mission file just incase it helps anyone to look... really confusing.... looking for missing semicolons and all sorts even but nothing jumps out...

wow... sorted... after creating new project, adding everything in one by one until problem occurred, then remove sections until it worked... manage to find the issue

When running from editor its starting as single player, and on my main player init I have
"removeSwitchableUnit this;"

Although you actually start as this player and other script runs... its only the FHQ task code that doesnt work.

Removed this now and working... dont need this on the player, because you start as this player, and when in multiplayer you cant switch units anyway
I guess the reason is that TaskTracker needs to run it's init code, and if the order of execution is just wrong, the init code doesn't get executed since the removeSwitchableUnits causes an error.

I would guess that more things fail, but for the Task tracker, it's most obvious
Was a pain to find why, makes sense now.

An obvious fail is better than a hidden fail that pops its head out when you least expect  :o
Just out of curiosity, treendy, do you have script error warnings enabled?
no... didnt know that was an option.. will look into how to enable that now... (thanks for mentioning that)

I normally go into the report file and see if anything flags up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6