Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Greetings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Okie dokie. Will patch to 1.62.

Couple more simple (minded) questions:

1. Do you reckon that patching from 1.59 to 1.62 will ruin my current "Lost" campaign which is set in Chernarus?

2. Where do the actual "island" files live in my Arma2 folder?

For example I just downloaded "Everon," which I assume is the actual map that missions set in Everon use. Right now I have this:

C:\ArmA2 DLs\Addons for CiA\Everon\@SAP\addons

After my initial experiences with how complicated the file structures are with this game, I have since always downloaded into one place, then copy-pasted those materials to the proper place in the Arma hierarchy to make them useable.

Do I just move that @SAP\addons folder into my Arma2\ folder and voila?
For 1: That may be possible, sometimes the patches change the savegame mechanics, breaking your savegames.  You can just use the endmission cheat t oadvance in a campaign next time tho.

For 2:  SAP everon is for Arma 1 I think?  You don't need to download any islands, they come with CWR already, and live in your Arma2/@CWR2/Addons  folder, somewhere between all the other pbo's
In campaign you'll have to restart current mission that you are playing after you apply patch. Nothing else is lost.
(03-23-2013, 01:55 AM)rundll.exe link Wrote: [ -> ]For 2:  SAP everon is for Arma 1 I think?  You don't need to download any islands, they come with CWR already, and live in your Arma2/@CWR2/Addons  folder, somewhere between all the other pbo's

SAP Everon was a different version of Everon. It is for Arma 2, but it isn't part of CWR2
(03-23-2013, 01:42 AM)Anthropoid link Wrote: [ -> ]1. Do you reckon that patching from 1.59 to 1.62 will ruin my current "Lost" campaign which is set in Chernarus?

If it is your own self-made campaign, it's rather unlikely.
If you are playing a campaign, you usually have to repeat the last mission you are currently one since more often than not the versions are incompatible.

Quote:2. Where do the actual "island" files live in my Arma2 folder?

That depends on the islands. The islands of CWR2 are in the addon directory of CWR2, probably something like @CWR2_demo4/Addons/cwr2_everon.pbo. You don't need to do anything, though, installing CWR2 is enough. It installs the islands along.

Quote:After my initial experiences with how complicated the file structures are with this game, I have since always downloaded into one place, then copy-pasted those materials to the proper place in the Arma hierarchy to make them useable.

Do I just move that @SAP\addons folder into my Arma2\ folder and voila?

You're thinking too complciated Smile

If you download CWR2, you usually get it as a cwr2_something.rar or so. Unpacking that yields, among other things, an @CWR2 folder. Just copy that folder somewhere where the game can find it, which is either the game installation folder itself (e.g. C:\Bohemia Interactive\Arma II) or, use your My Documents\Arma 2 folder. I usually store them in My Documents, so I have

\My Documents\Arma 2\@CWR2

For the alternative method of using the game folder, it would be

C:\Bohemia Interactive\Arma II\@CWR2

In any case, you should add "-mod=@cwr2" to the shortcut, or use a launcher.
(03-23-2013, 02:11 AM)Miša link Wrote: [ -> ]In campaign you'll have to restart current mission that you are playing after you apply patch. Nothing else is lost.
I'm not sure but I think "Lost" is a mission, not a campaign. If so you will have to restart it if you apply a patch.
ADDIT: Oh I didn't see all those previous responses!  :-[

So basically, apart from applying the 1.6 and 1.62 patch (after I backup my 1.59 version) I think I'm all setup. Well, I don't have the "recommended" addons yet but otherwise, all setup.

(03-23-2013, 01:55 AM)rundll.exe link Wrote: [ -> ]For 2:  SAP everon is for Arma 1 I think?  You don't need to download any islands, they come with CWR already, and live in your Arma2/@CWR2/Addons  folder, somewhere between all the other pbo's

Ah, well, I've got them all installed as @folders too  Tongue

(03-23-2013, 10:07 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure but I think "Lost" is a mission, not a campaign. If so you will have to restart it if you apply a patch.

Yep. Lost is a mission. I guess I'm probably safe to patch and still be able to play that mission then. But I'll backup my entire Arma2 folder first anyway.

Seem to be about 90% there. Everon, Kolgujev, and Malden all load fine with the CWR2 mod running. Nogova is DLing now. I have yet to patch up to 1.62, as I'd like to be able to revert to 1.59 if I find that my favorite mission (Lost 5.3) won't work with the 1.62 patch. I posted a question about this on the main BIS Q&A forum:

Quote:If I want to keep an older version of the game (1.59) as I update to 1.62

1. I assume that simply copying the entire Arma2 game folder and naming it something slightly different (Arma2.159) and then using the .exe in that folder (and/or creating a new shortcut) will launch the older version right?

I have Mk4 HUD installed, and will see about getting those recommended one's installed prior to tomorrow afternoon, as well as patching to 1.62.

Since I am a pretty bad player (I still use Enemy TAGs, and play on EASIEST difficulty) and have no familiarity with any of these islands or the CWR2 mod, I may be more of an observer than a player. But I will try to have everything needed properly installed and at least get on TS and join you guys tomorrow.
Don't worry about the difficulty during the coop. It's easier with humans, especially because you get someone who tells you what to do (and gets you killed in the process hehe).
Just keep low, stay in formation (mk4 will help you in that), try to keep track of the comms and you'll be alright Smile

Okay, everything required is downloaded and runs (with one exception noted below). WarFX runs, JSRS is 70% DLed, and I'll do the last two recommended ones after that. Thankfully Lost 5.3 runs fine with the 1.62 patch.

Here is the (hopefully) one last wrinkle I'm having, which I queried about in the CBA forum

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...-CO/page77
Quote:[QUOTE=Anthropoid;2352904]Running Arma 2 Combined Operations 1.62.95248

Active expansions are:
British Armed Forces (Lite)
Private Military Company (Lite)
@Blastcore Visuals R1.2
@Mk4 (HUD app)
@CBA_A2

Running only the above, I get the following error:

Script x\cba\addons\xeh\initpresgf not found

Also have a more recently downloaded Expansion listed but it doesn't have the @ in front of it.
Community Base Addons CO: (A2/OA)

When I boot with both of the CBA expansions enabled, I get this alert window as the application boots up

Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

And then this error once I am into the main menu screen:

Script ca\communityConfigurationProject_e\ai_madetankgunnersuseatandheammo\muzzle\init.sqf not found

Appreciate any pointers on fixing it.
@CBA_CO (I suppose that's what you are running?) requires the beta patch of Arma 2. If you don't want to use the beta, you need to run @CBA and @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA. Get them from this link.

Edit - If you are running just @CBA_OA, run also @CBA and @CBA_A2 and youll be all set.
ADDIT: One small question: what is "ACR?" That is listed as one of the official BIS expansions and I'm not sure I have that.

(03-23-2013, 10:15 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]@CBA_CO (I suppose that's what you are running?) requires the beta patch of Arma 2. If you don't want to use the beta, you need to run @CBA and @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA. Get them from this link.

Edit - If you are running just @CBA_OA, run also @CBA and @CBA_A2 and youll be all set.

Yep! That was it.

Seem to be set up with one very small glitch, about which I just inquired with Wolle

Quote:Seem to have my new Comrades in Arms approved loadout setup and ready for Sunday's coop, except for one small glitch. I get the following error once I'm loaded into the Main Menu. Probably a simple matter to fix:

Cannot open object

cwr2\general\cwr2.signs\cwr2_sig_barmenu2.p3d

Might even be a non-issue with respect to impacting game play? In case it is useful to help me diagnose it (and because I'm so proud of having got this many new mods to play together!) my mod list:

Arma2
Arma2 OA
BAF (Lite)
PMC (Lite)
Blastcore WarFX
RH Pistol
RH Smg
CWR2
CBA
CBA_A2
CBA_OA
RUG DSAI (Dynamic Sound AI)
TPWCAS (Suppressive Fire)
JSRS (Jarhead's sound mod)
CoWar (just a bare minimum version of it with lots of the somewhat more conflictual stuff removed)
GDT Grass mod
Thirsk island
Kuik Winter camos
Mk4 HUD
True User

Note, I can deactivate TPWCAS, if that might be a problem with multiplayer. Don't think the pistol and SMG mods will have any effect as all they do is include more of those weapons in ammo crates.
TPWCAS is running on the CiA server. It's designed to shut down any client running it to avoid conflicts, so you can run it or not, doesn't matter. I don't know what's causing your error, maybe W0lle can help on that.
(03-24-2013, 01:08 AM)Anthropoid link Wrote: [ -> ]ADDIT: One small question: what is "ACR?" That is listed as one of the official BIS expansions and I'm not sure I have that.
ACR is Czech Republic DLC. You can install lite version from here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17321
(03-24-2013, 02:06 PM)Horus link Wrote: [ -> ]ACR is Czech Republic DLC. You can install lite version from here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17321

Ah cool. DLing.

Wife wanted to do an afternoon excursion but I very diplomatically negotiated to have postpone that till ~17:00 CE TimeZone. So should be good to join you guys for today.
Had a great time tonight guys and will definitely join you again as often as I can. Tuesday should be good for me this week, and maybe Friday too.

Wife needs me to help her take some stuff to her office or I would've stayed on a bit longer tonight.

Thanks for the pointers on good coop play, and looking to learn all you guys have to teach. I'm a noob at coop so don't be shy about giving me pointers if you see me doing something less than optimal.

I found it pretty hard to stay in formation all the time as I was not always sure which direction we were orienting in, or when we changed posture or speed.

Think I need to move my push to talk key to a different one. Right-Alt is too inconvenient. What do you guys use?
Pages: 1 2 3 4