Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Greetings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(04-08-2015, 05:31 PM)Anthropoid link Wrote: [ -> ]Whats up dudes?

Arma 3 finally came down in price and I bought it. Got it installed, but have yet to play it. Back into a place in life where rejoining your coops on a semi-regular basis could be doable.
Glad to hear that! Looking forward to your return.

(04-08-2015, 05:31 PM)Anthropoid link Wrote: [ -> ]I'll need a while to get used to get addons installed, and especially to adapt to Arma 3 before joining in.
You have some great timing man... Arma 3 just got updated today with many new and important features like weapon resting, weapon deployment and AI suppression.

(04-08-2015, 05:31 PM)Anthropoid link Wrote: [ -> ]Got an auto-email from the forum for my bday so I thought I'd hop in and say hi
How come I never got a birthday message from the forums?! I've been here for 9 years ffs!!
The forum probably feels like it needs a little space given you have thousands of posts, thus no Happy Bday for you!  Tongue

I've got a lot of downloading and playing to be proficient with Arma3 engine. It will probably take me a few weeks to get to the point where I actually have everything installed and know what I'm doing enough to jump in.

You guys are hardcore and it ain't "easy" to be in your groups. BUT, you know what you are doing and some of the best coop play I've ever had was with you guys. Plus you are all very cool, so I'm keen to get back to running with the pack.

Been a pretty tough couple years for me, lost my prof gig, considered a law suit against my employer but it just wasn't worth it. Wife's gig in Taxachusetts finished last year and we moved back to our beloved home in Decatur, GA (part of Atlanta). We built this house while I was in grad school and just being back here is a huge morale booster. Going back to school full time, Atlanta Technical College, for the next year to 18 months to get certificates in C++, Java, Database Admin (SQL based stuff) and probably a Microsoft network admin. The college is 3rd tier, but I am proficient at teaching myself and really only need structure to keep me on task and focused. Ultimate goal is to start making my own games.

In sum, I'm going to be very busy the next year or two, but life is good again and I got a path I'm happy to be on once more. Adding a bit of weekly coop would be a welcome addition.

BTW, what ever happened to Viktor? Is he still around? Phantom Six I'm sure is still playing with you guys, eh?
I'm around. I just don't hop on when my school schedule gets pack or such. I usually hop on later on Sundays. I got a class on database stuff right now actually.
What does Prof gig mean?
Viktor has left us due to his schedule changing, unfortunately.
What does Prof gig mean?
Viktor has left us due to his schedule changing, unfortunately.
Pages: 1 2 3 4