Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mission making help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-26-2013, 01:37 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Be aware, I don't think all of the BIS Arma 3 modules for this purpose are multiplayer-compatible, which, if true, makes them pretty useless.

I can only stress again the importance of using a task tracker. Shuko's or Varanon's, it doesn't matter, but it makes things indefinitely more robust and easier.
I second this. I prefer varanon's over Shuko's though.

It's not that hard to use.
(03-26-2013, 02:53 PM)Phantom link Wrote:I second this. I prefer varanon's over Shuko's though.

It's not that hard to use.

So do I, the reason I mentioned Shuko first is that I didn't want to appear to be advertising anything, it's a matter of principle. Using a task tracker will simply be the only way of not having to reinvent the wheel every time. I know because I tried all, using BIS MP framework, using public Variables, using triggers, and every time you go about doing the same code over and over again; you run into all sorts of issues (dedicated vs. hosted, team leader is host vs. team leader is not hosting). A task tracker frees you from all the dirty work and lets you concentrate on the real stuff.
Thanks, Phantom Big Grin

I've released it in the meantime, although it went mostly unnoticed (didn't announce it on Armaholic). Here's the link to the BI Forum.

Includes a new feature, too, namely parented tasks (see the mine disarming scuba showcase thing). Big documentation included, too
(03-26-2013, 04:31 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:So do I, the reason I mentioned Shuko first is that I didn't want to appear to be advertising anything

Why not ? FHQ TaskTracker is great Big Grin :o

Honestly, I used Shuko's tracker in the past, and there was a reason I went for my own script. Shuko's tracker frequently lost updates, meaning that not everyone got all tasks, and similar things. Plus, I've got the half autistic urge to have full control over my scripts and usually rather completely rewrite stuff on my own than to fix other people's stuff
Yes. Definitely use Taskmaster or the other thing, or even just do it by hand yourself (won't be JIP compatible but at least it will work in a normal situation). The modules in A3 seem to be working pretty randomly in MP and in my opinion are a lot more of a hassle to use than the old methods, if you want more than one task or note for more than 1 people. Tongue
Pages: 1 2