Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FNG needs help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I liked playing with you yesterday, though I wasn't much help.

I think I can iron out some of my flaws from yesterday, but I have some questions.

How do you maintain situational awareness concerning other players? I'm using the ShackTac HUD and it displays fine, but how do you recognize who is who (if they don't have a custom face)? In that winter mission everyone had the same icon (except the TL) on the Shack HUD and a teammate recalled I picked up a G36 from a dead charlie, how did he know it was exactly me? There were some similar situations, but you get the point.

And my other question would be regarding TS and ArmA audio volume. During a firefight (especially close APCs and explosions), I can barely hear other's speaking. Should that be normal (because of realism) or what do you do about it? The only solution I found is that I reduced all audio volume in ArmA, while TS3 was maxed out.

Thanks in advance, and I hope I'll get better with time.
Hey Kutya, and welcome back! Glad to have you with us again.

Telling who is who is done by using mk4 hud addon. The best situation awareness addon there is! I can't imagine playing without it. Install it and press space bar. pressing space bar will reveal a unit's name if it's close enough and within your field of view. It also tells you who's inside the vehicle and who gets in and out of it. A must have addon (maybe we will just move it to the required addons section, since distinguishing between comrades is a requirement in our play-style).

About the volume, it's easily fixable.
1) Run the game and Teamspeak.
2) Alt-tab out the game.
3) Left click the speaker icon on the bottom right of the task bar.
4) Click on 'Mixer'.
5) Use the levers to determine the volume of Teamspeak and the game in relation to each other.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info Variable.

Looks like Orbat isn't running ok on my setup. I'm running Version 1.62.95248 (the BI updater is offline) using CBA 1.0.0

No errors occur, but when i go to the editor and put a 2 man team, preview, only the communication options open when I press space. No window and no markers appear like in the video.

EDIT: downloaded hud info from Armaholic and now works fine! See you guys tomorrow Smile