Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Did you guys see this? 3D printed guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think that depends on where in the US, and if it is legal or not.

Originally from NYC and being of the noncriminal type. It is hard as HECK to get a weapon (for personal use).
When I was stationed in Alaska, lol. Lol is all I can type.
(04-04-2013, 12:32 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I heard its easier to a gun in the US than it is to get a driver license. Is that true?

Depends completely on the State and even within the State on the Municipality. I regard it as a breach of the Federal statutes that give the U.S. an identity as a collective polity, but the fact is: individual States can effectively infringe on the 2nd Amendment, and even worse, impose policies that allow individual communities to infringe differentially even within the same state. This is despite the fact that every citizen in every town in every state is at base entitled to the same 2nd Amendment rights.

Getting a firearm permit in Manhattan or Boston is probably pretty close to being as difficult and hassling as getting a permit to spend time alone with Obama for an interview.

Getting a firearm permit in Atlanta or a rural county in Georgia or Arkansas or a broad range of "Red States" is probably sufficient restrictive to deter most would-be criminals from trying to get a legit gun permit (which means that all they do is seek one through the black market).

Getting a gun permit in places like New Hampshire or Alaska or Wyoming or Idaho is probably about as easy as walking into a sheriff's office and saying "I wanna get me a gun."
Pages: 1 2