Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: LOST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've talked about this mission in a number of threads, but I'm not sure how much you guys know about it. My goal here is to promote it via a video series I'm putting together to document a "Lets Play" of the mission.

Here is the first Youtube video. 2nd one uploading now, 3rd & 4th ones after that, and more to come.

I'll add 'episodes' 2 through 4 to this thread later today.

-=-=-=-=-

Episode Deux

-=-=-=-=-

Episode Ker Trois

-=-=-=-=-

Episode Four

This looks interesting and I'm anxious to see the gameplay unfolding.

Did you try Hetman Artificial Commander (HAC)? It's a bit different in concept, but I like it very much.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...-Commander

To be honest, I had a look at it briefly but I found the mass of windows that pop up to be way too much, and didn't actually continue the mission.  Might be missing out in something, but my idea of "user friendly" is really different :|
I have HETMAN installed and I did fiddle with it a bit. In fact, I think at one point I tried to get it to work with LOST. I seem to recall that I liked it a lot, but for whatever reason stopped using it. Seems like it plays real well with the Warfare 'missions.'

When I first started playing Arma2 a year or so ago, I of course sampled the stock SP missions, and finished most of them. Tried the campaigns (didn't like the scriptedness), and then I started trying different user missions. I've got nothing against missions that can be finished in 'one sitting,' those are a lot of fun. But coming from more of a strategy gaming, and sandbox 'roleplay' gaming background (Oblivion, Fallout2 and Fallout3, etc.) I was totally in love with the LOST mission when I discovered it.

As I say it has its limitations, but I haven't encountered any other Arma2 missions that really effectively capture a feeling of 'behind enemy lines' geurilla war. Also, the feeling of 'building up' a progressively larger and more potent force, having to strategize about where, when and how to strike, and what objectives to focus on in order to progressive 'take back' the island is something unique and gives it more of a sandbox campaign feeling than just a mission. I think that in the final-final version of it, MarkB50K integrated the LOST mission into his "Apocalypse" mission as a optional 'module.' I have an older version of Apocalypse installed, but have not updated to that final version as I saw some guys commenting on it having some bugs. MarkB50K seems to have gone inactive on the BIS forums about a year ago, so I'm not sure if those bugs ever got addressed. However, assuming that that final version works well, I'm guessing it must add a good bit of the "Warfare" functionality to the LOST mission.

Stay tuned, I'm just about to post Episode Trois.

I appreciate any feedback on my gameplay, or video capturing  Smile

-=-=-=ADDIT-=-=-=-

Episode 5 took for freeking ever to upload. Learned my lesson -> record in smaller chunks. As I get farther along I may actually skip over some sections that I record where not much happens.

Episode 6 is uploading now.

-=-=-=ADDIT*2-=-=-=-

Episode 6 uploaded finally get some action!

You guys let me know if you have any interest in me continuing this. I've got the saves archived and can continue it anytime, but if it is of no interest, then I'm happier spending my time just playing without the hassle of running Bandicam.