Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Who Stole My Souvlaki SP & MP (co04) (Arma 3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Congratulations misha!
Can I notify Armahlic about the release? If so, the news post will link to our forums, which is cool Smile
I planned to send it to Foxhound, but it's ok whoever send it to him. Just need to put down few words about mission before it's ready for Armaholic. I'll do it tomorrow.

OK, I tried the MP version of this yesterday, with one other guy. Maybe this is random, but we encountered far fewer enemies than I had (both times) playing the SP version.

We didn't get any further than I had the first two times, though. We're both newbies, and there wasn't any respawn (don't worry, that's exactly what I expected, knowing you guys).

Plus, I let my friend lead, since I knew what to expect - to some extent, at least. (I'm not sure how much of this is random, but in these short missions for just a few players, I think you really lose something when you know what to expect. At my ability level, at least, I don't normally succeed in finishing missions, so I tend to play them over and over again.)

We'll be trying it again sometime, I'm sure. Based just on that one attempt, I enjoyed the SP games more than the MP, but I don't know why that is. Normally, co-op missions are far more fun than SP missions, so this was probably just a random sort of thing. (And note that we didn't get very far, not even out of Agia Marina, so I can't say anything about the later parts of the mission.)
It's a mission made by mission making noob so testing by noobs is very appropriate. 

You and your friend probably didn't hit the triggers which make enemies come to the city. If you strayed from the patrol route which is marked on the map that would be likely result. I even thought about adding mission hint to tell players that they need to stick with patrol route in the beginning of the mission so it can play out as intended.
It's a bad mission design if you must use hints to ensure that. But I think the mission is fun nevertheless. For the next one I'm going to use triggers more wisely.
(05-07-2013, 12:15 PM)Misha link Wrote:You and your friend probably didn't hit the triggers which make enemies come to the city. If you strayed from the patrol route which is marked on the map that would be likely result.

That's probably it. The guy I've been playing with is only 52, and you know how kids are!  Smile  He doesn't follow the instructions as closely as I do, and since he was leading, I just followed him.

But we did get the message about checking out the base. We might have missed other triggers, but we followed the patrol route closely enough to get the radio messages, at least at first.

We'll definitely try it again, although I've had a lot of fun with it, already. Thanks!

Bill
I am so sorry Misha!! I just noticed you edited your first post to include a coop version and I didnt get to test it. Sad 

Bill up for testing it? Perhaps bring your friend?  Is the A3 server up ? also is mission on server if yes?
(05-20-2013, 10:25 PM)GG-Viktor Reznov link Wrote:I am so sorry Misha!! I just noticed you edited your first post to include a coop version and I didnt get to test it. Sad 

Bill up for testing it? Perhaps bring your friend?  Is the A3 server up ? also is mission on server if yes?
Mission is up on the new Arma 3 server but the server won't launch. Investigating.
Hey, don't worry Victor I got a little bit busy lately so I postponed finishing MP version. First thing to do would be to play it in order to see what needs to be changed. Then I'll need to edit it, hopefully not much.

It's on the server as Variable said but I don't know would I be able to attend on Friday, technical issues with server aside, but I can host a game at least when I have time to play. But definitely sometime later in the week, I'll keep you informed!

In the other news: it's time for a public release of SP!
New MP version uploaded (added loading screen and debriefing, nothing else).
On this glorious day when my mission was frontpaged on Armaholic, BIS have released new update for Arma 3 making my mission kaputt.

More game impacting issue was easely fixed but the other one, "bad vehicle type" message, was not resolved. I tried everything, even deleting all vehicles from the mission, but it doesn't help. But it's not a game breaking issue, you can play the mission nevertheless without a hitch.

I will update first post with more recent versions of the mission.

Why, oh Misha, why you had to release the mission on same day that Arma 3 was updated?
(05-24-2013, 02:31 AM)Misha link Wrote:the other one, "bad vehicle type" message, was not resolved. I tried everything, even deleting all vehicles from the mission, but it doesn't help

Note that in engine terms, even soldiers are vehicles... actually, just about everything you can place, including ammo boxes, bunkers, soldiers, and what have you are vehicles.
Solved it. All I needed to do is just open the mission in editor and save it again. Gonna try this next time when something like this happens before any other fixing attempt.
Big Grin  I finally have the alpha again. If we dont play it today Ill play it with some chaps later on.
I'll see maybe later tonight, I hope, because on Saturday I can't play at all.
I wonder guys if you have free time on Friday night, say 21:00 CET, to play test MP version? I need three players.

In the other news, my new mission is inbound, ETA 2017 AD.
I can arrange game for Thursday at midnight CET, if you like it more than Friday 2100 CET?
Pages: 1 2 3 4