Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Is saving a dedi-MP mission possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing around with a rather CPU heavy single-player dynamic mission (HAC 1.43) and I get much better performance playing it running via a dedicated server on the same machine (using 4 cores instead of 2). I use TA2DST v1.4 and my only grief is that I can't save the mission, which can be rather long. Is this possible at all? I've found some threads on BI, but none have an obvious answer.
I know I can run it in a non-dedi environment, but I get much worse performance.

BTW the mission can be MP too, but I just play it alone, at least for now.
Press Esc and see if there's a Save option.
It's grayed out.
Add a radio trigger and enter "saveGame" in the OnActivation field.
Phew. That easy? Nice, thanks, I'll try it out.
Dang, it doesn't work.

I think it works in MP, but not in dedicated server mode. SaveGame does nothing in dedi. I also put in a load trigger, and it reloads the mission in non-dedi mode and there it saves. But that doesn't help me.

I think it isn't really possible, but hope dies last.
(04-06-2013, 11:16 PM)kutya link Wrote: [ -> ]It's grayed out.

Then it doesn't work. I know you can save a local MP game for sure, but guess not a dedi one.
I think it's impossible to save games on a dedicated server. I've never seen a savegame in a server profile folder Wink

The only way would be using an external database, and scripting the saving of all object positions etc....
Yeah, I feared that is the only solution. Someone on BIS was mentioning MySQL and some pbo. But that would be too much for me. I'm more like a casual mission maker.
Actually I recall I did such a thing for OFP, using SoW (Sinews of War) save.