Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Bilbado raid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first mission after a long absence. Nothing complex, just a straightforward assault mission, with some details. It is more a rehearsal for mission making, but even this simple mission took me more that 10 hours to make. Probably more missions will come.

The only needed addon is Lingor 1.4, which probably most people have anyway. It can be played SP or MP (coop 2-53) without restrictions. The large coop count is because I made most Bluefor soldiers playable, but the mission is really simple. Seize a city. I've chosen Lingor, because I couldn't find decent missions for it (the Ghost Recon campaign CTDs with Lingor 1.4) and I have it for such a long time, but never played it.

The only issue I noticed is that helicopter tend to crash. If this mission gets any interest, maybe I'll find a 3rd party insertion script. For now you'll need to restart if your insertion goes haywire Smile

Armaholic mirror:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20208
Gonna have to check this out when I stop fiddling with my own first mission.
Thanks Kutya! We will host it on the Friday night special server.
It's really a no-brainer. In SP, play it when you want quick action. In CiA MP, probably best to play as a warm-up mission. It's usually over in about 20 minutes and you probably win even if you don't do anything Smile The action is somewhat similar to Rube Fire Ants (which I like very much http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...-Fire-Ants ), but my mission is waay more simple. In short, it's a combined all out attack on a weaker force (state vs rebels).

As I said, I just tried to recall various editing techniques and hopefully my future missions will be more complex. The debriefing text is wrong, but it works (I copy/pasted it and forgot to change before releasing).

EDIT: if you're heli crashes, next time wait about 10-15 secs before boarding it, so the sky should be more clear by then.
I downloaded the mission and stored it not knowing when I'll have free time to play it. But if it's 20 minutes long then it's likely I'll give it a try. 
Yeah, it's a casual one Misha.

btw I've tried yours but I was always slaughtered by the APC in the base. Probably because I'm a noob in Arma3.
Bilbado raid is now hosted on the CiA test server. Thanks Kutya!
I hope somebody will actually play it Smile
Will play asap! Somehow I missed this one.