Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Dragovich... Kravchenko... Steiner... All must die! - Missions by Viktor Reznov
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This mini-mission pack will by my "first" foray into mission making for ArmA 2.
Missions are designed primarily for CiA (hence the CO-12) and like minded groups.

Major General Nikita Dragovich  ?????? ????????

Lev Kravchenko  ??? ?????????

Doctor Friedrich Steiner

These men must die.

I will begin with a planning/ design phase where I shall list ideas and then discard them based on the capabilities of the Arma engine, and my skill with the engine.

1. There will be 3 main missions.
  2. Each will be based on the assassination of each of the above
  3. Focus will be on  Co-12 Two Squads of 6 soldiers

4. Kravchenko- Afghan based map( Most likely Takistan or Zargabad) Exact location to be determined.
  5. Steiner - Thirsk winter Exact Location to be determined.
  6. Dragovich - Bystrica Exact Location to be determined.

7. No- Respawn
  8. Hostiles will be Russian - Steiner, Dragovich/ Insurgent - Kravchenko
  9. Will make use of GL4 via http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost1587679
  10. Most of GL4 will be removed just a few things I think I need.
  11. First Aid module will be  AIS
  12. Missions will be of increasing Difficulty ( Each guy learns of the others death and prepares more)
  13. ACE Compliant version possible after all missions are completed

I will be editing this A LOT based on testing, feedback, and advice.[sub]also alcohol[/sub]
Feedback and or advice welcome during this phase. Thanks a lot ahead of time guys!

pararescue
Steiner Must Die  Official Release Updating to new addon standard. V1.2

Bugs- If using JSRS may get error with m134 or something like that. Script error with thirsksnowstormthing.
No effect on mission.

Req - Arma 2 CO with Full or Lite versions of BAF, PMC, and ACR. Thirsk. Kuik WinterCamo. CBA's

Recommended - JSRS,

Immersion Ruining- STHUD, MK4, LEA

Note* Mission is intended for CO-OP play only. AI are shit at handling themselves.

Id like to thank Anthropoid, Kutya, Shadowfury, Variable, the FHQ guys, Phantom, and Misha for their assistance and support.

Change log -  Removed snowstorm. Twas cheap.
TBA

use AEG http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...and-Addon)

Dependency  MAKE The Success and difficulty of each team dependent on the other

2 squads each dependent on the other.
1 mortar camp    1 ambush/base attack
Bad ambush = mortars get reinforced
Take to long to take out mortars = hillsides near base get mortar fire.
prepare for beta
Very cool!

Looking forward to testing these out  Smile

Also I need more 'lessons' in using ACE. Can't figure out how to use the M4-SLAM and I've blown myself up several times trying to bury then arm a bouncing betty  :'(
Any ideas on how to reduce ai view distance other than adding fog? im guessing there is a config somewhere that I am forgetting.
I know it must be possible because the War in Takistan mission has it as a resettable parameter.

Looking forward to testing this one out more with you Viktor; it looks to be a really classic 'hard-core' (almost 'survival'!) mission based on my play testing it so far and I'm really looking forward to it being in final form and the CiA group having a go at it.
(05-03-2013, 04:38 PM)GG-Viktor Reznov link Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on how to reduce ai view distance other than adding fog? im guessing there is a config somewhere that I am forgetting.

The function you are looking for is setSkill:

_unit setSkill ["spotDistance", 0.4];

will cut down the AI spotting distance to 40% Other useful info found here
Gentleman and a scholar, you are.
For my next mission two I need a "british" Voice actor. Any volunteers? I vaguely remember playing with a chap who had the voice Im looking for. Big Grin
I bet you remember Gary. He's got a cool British bass voice. He's not around lately, I hope he gets back soon.
More British comrades: doveman and Chickenfeed.

Sent the new version to rund. Looking forward to playing this!
Need 8 voice actors.

US Marine Squad Leader  LT -
Whatever - US Marine Fireteam Leader Gunnery SGT - "Possibly Shadowfury"
Whatever - US Navy Corpsman Corporal -

Undecided Taskforce 141 Squad Leader Captain -
Undecided Taskforce 141 FTL  LT -

Toolbox -
BAF  LT -
Czech Pilot -

Smile  :-*
(05-03-2013, 04:38 PM)GG-Viktor Reznov link Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on how to reduce ai view distance other than adding fog? im guessing there is a config somewhere that I am forgetting.

if (isDedicated) then {setViewDistance 500};

...would also work, assuming the game is played on a dedicated server and the baddies aren't local to a player (ie in his group).
(05-14-2013, 05:08 PM)GG-Viktor Reznov link Wrote: [ -> ]Need 8 voice actors.

British-Voiced US Marine Squad Leader  LT -
Whatever - US Marine Fireteam Leader Gunnery SGT - "Possibly Shadowfury"
Whatever - US Navy Corpsman Corporal -

Undecided Taskforce 141 Squad Leader Captain -
Undecided Taskforce 141 FTL  LT -

Toolbox -
BAF  LT -
Czech Pilot -

Smile  :-*

Happy to help out with whatever voice(s) I can do for you.

Though this time I want the volume up so I can actually hear myself when I play it!
A little teaser on the mission. All of the following is dynamic.
http://www.flickr.com//photos/95844477@N...9214/show/

Things to note.  One of the warrior drops off a small fireteam near a complex and proceeds to give them cover. 1 man from fireteam dies. 2nd warrior from approx 100m away speeds  to their location.

Gunners from jackals were originally killed. Infantry from urals dismounted and mounted guns on jackal.

In the valley. when ambush started lead vehicles sped off and dropped off troops who went back to  flank and reinforce the downed vehicles/men.

What exactly is dynamic*? The soldiers, the number of them, the types of vehicles they have access to. The enemy is also affected by that but to a lesser degree. for now.

1 play through- that village may have  the 3 warriors and 2 jackals, the next play through they have 1 warrior no jackals, the next play through Jackals only.

1 playthrough the enemy may have more at, even more at, everyone has at. or something different Big Grin

How these "behind the scenes" battles play out may have an impact on your current mission.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uohtk4ec4a1q09/mentina.mp3
Pages: 1 2