Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Voice actors needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys...

I need three voice actors (preferrably native English speakers) for a mission I am making. Not too much text, but I don't think I have what it takes to do it myself.

I need

Hector One (team leader)
Maverick One (team/convoy leader)
NATO HQ

Anyone interested, contact me on Skype or here Smile
Howdy! Native engrish speaker ready to go if you will have me. Let me know when, where and if you will have me.
The lines I need are here: http://friedenhq.org/tmp/dialog_screw_driving..rtf

You can take your pick, I think I'll do the driver myself (it's one line) Big Grin
You can simply record them with Window audio recorder as Wave file and send me that...

Thanks!
From what im reading I get the context, but at the same time I dont. Whats my motivation? Can you give a feel for who each char is? What the environment is  like? Hector one reads like he responds under fire or soon after, but not too sure.

When can I expect my first check?  Big Grin
I smell a cool mission cooking!
Hector one uploading.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v7ce0e5gd60nmjz/kQvtomXje8

Maverick one [s]recording Uploading[/s]
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/72qhpyu5q4um5tv/U8AzJOJumy

HQ recording Uploading
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mu5dcr14k6k0hqx/7-nHdeLuf5

"I've seen a light off the road earlier, which shouldn't be there. The island is deserted." The tense is wonky and I cant 'understand' what he is saying/ I get what he is saying but I translate it from what is written to what it should be automatically.
Perhaps
" Earlier on the road I saw a light, which shouldnt be there. This island is supposed to be deserted"
" I saw a light from the the road earlier, which really shouldnt be there. The island is deserted"

"Beats me, Hector. Are you still up?" Asking Hector if he is still up seems odd considering his response is he is still combat effective. Perhaps "Beats me, Hector. Are you still effective?"

I can make it straight to .ogg so you can lip synch if you desire. Also added on skype Dawn Q

I had an idea to offer making custom music and sound as well as providing voice for mission by other people. Trouble is that I don't even  have time to do my own thing. But I can record, mix, edit anything sound related, clean the sound, balance it and so on. I have software and some equipment and even though I am not a professional I know what sounds right. With little more free time it would interesting to work on something like that. I will buy good studio microphone soon so even providing voices of good audio quality shouldn't be a problem. If someone would need mumbling voice with east european accent maybe I can help.
I was just about to post that cool voice acting can go to shits when the recording quality is cool when I saw Misha's post. Some of what considered as great campaigns in the community have some bad quality recording and that really is ruins the immersion. So if Misha can at least clean the recording sound for you that would be great.
For my mission I used Audacity to clean the recording and I think it came out good.
I tend to use audacity for voice acting. Great software.
(05-15-2013, 09:02 PM)GG-Viktor Reznov link Wrote: [ -> ]"I've seen a light off the road earlier, which shouldn't be there. The island is deserted." The tense is wonky and I cant 'understand' what he is saying/ I get what he is saying but I translate it from what is written to what it should be automatically.
Perhaps
" Earlier on the road I saw a light, which shouldnt be there. This island is supposed to be deserted"
" I saw a light from the the road earlier, which really shouldnt be there. The island is deserted"

"Beats me, Hector. Are you still up?" Asking Hector if he is still up seems odd considering his response is he is still combat effective. Perhaps "Beats me, Hector. Are you still effective?"

Thanks a lot!

Feel free to make any changes to the text as you see fit, I am not a native speaker so I am thankful for any such corrections Smile

Quote:I can make it straight to .ogg so you can lip synch if you desire. Also added on skype Dawn Q

Whatever is easiest for you Smile
(05-16-2013, 12:00 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]So if Misha can at least clean the recording sound for you that would be great.

Indeed it would. I will download the samples and cut them, maybe change the pitch a bit to make them more distinct and see what comes out of it. Getting exited about that mission Smile

I'll yell if I need help Smile Thanks to everyone!
Why not, sounds exciting! I can try my best but don't expect any miracles. Just let me know when you have something for me.
Also, if you need any sounds to create atmospehere in a mission you can try to find something on web sites like this one:
http://www.freesound.org/
Will do Smile
Okay, I will need someone to re-do the lines for Maverick. I tried to use pitch changes and a few filters, but the two voices still sound too much alike, so it basically sounds like Victor is talking with his clone Smile

So I would be grateful if someone could record the blue lines of the RTF file again and send them over. The NATO lines I can filter enough since they come over radio anyway, but with Maverick, it just sounds weird if I filter it.

Thanks Smile
Pages: 1 2