Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Co08_ACE_Prividyeniye.Everon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I nearly burned out on this one, but thanks to Victor's help I have finished my third mission. Evidently "Prividyeniye" is Russian for spook or ghost.

I've just now managed to finish it solo and I had a total of four out of the eight solders surviving. Maybe it is a little on the easy side, I don't know; it becomes so hard to judge how they will be handled by other players in coop when you put all the enemies on the map.

I'm not 100% happy with it, so I'll hold off on mass distributing it via Armaholic until after we play test it and I get your feedback or suggestions. There is one bug I know about but cannot figure out how to solve it, which I queried on the ACE threads. Basically rucksacks seem to autofill with whatever the lst ruck you filled had in it.

In testing it hosted on my machine as a LAN game, I got a lot of lag. There are a lot of units on the map, and a lot of stuff going on. But I think that JSRS and Blastcore are part of that lag problem (combined with my machine being lower mid range). When I play it in preview with nothing else but ACE and CBA (and the island) it plays fine.

The mission requires ACE, ACEX, ACE_RU, ACE_USN, CBA, and an island called SAP_Everon.

I wanted to use the CWR Everon, but as soon as I tried to use that island with ACE I already started to see weirdities so I decided to go for something that may (hopefully) work with the CWR Everon, but also seems to work well with ACE.
But we don't have this island in the server...
Any chance for a port to an island we do use?
I'm about to get real busy work wise. So, no promise on when I'll port this to a map that is in the current addon setup. But I do intend to do so and will be happy to do so once I feel that the Episode 1 of the Mujahideen series is finished.

If any of you guys feel the compulsion to port it before I get around to it, feel free!
SAP Everon, isn't that a bit old?
It is a port of the Everon map for OFP yeah. I figured it might work for the Everon map in CWR but haven't really checked.

When I tried to start writing a mission on the CWR Everon map (with CWR running) there were weirdities.
You might as well not use ACE with CWR2.