Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: "GLT OPA Backpacks 4 All" addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...acks-4-All

I'd like to suggest we add this addon to the list or check if server-side is enough.

It adds backpack ability to vanilla ArmA2 units (and Isla Duala ones too), however you won't see the model or be able to open the backpack on someone's back.

This would be great in missions where you have Arrowhead units mixed with ArmA2 ones to stop backpacks disappearing if you drop them into the inventory of a unit that can't carry them, to be able to reassemble OA static weapons as an ArmA2 soldier and have missions with ArmA2 units where you can carry backpacks.

Thoughts?
Sounds cool except last part "have missions with ArmA2 units where you can carry backpacks."
That sounds mission breaking as that is not what was "intended" for the audience.

Everything else hell yea
(05-26-2013, 12:26 AM)GG-Viktor Reznov link Wrote:Sounds cool except last part "have missions with ArmA2 units where you can carry backpacks."
That sounds mission breaking as that is not what was "intended" for the audience.

I would guess that you wouldn't find backpacks in any Arma 2 only missions since they were none at the time Wink
Yeah you need to add them in first. Wink

We did have one mission recently that was both vanilla and ACE compatible and had a backpack pile at start, but we were all ArmA2 USMC units, would've been great there.
(05-25-2013, 06:06 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:I'd like to suggest we add this addon to the list or check if server-side is enough.

By the way, I think server side only isn't enough.

The addon might be useful, but Arma 2 missions tent to not have backpacks in them, anyway ?
I support this addon as TF86 are arma 2 units and thus can not have backpacks. Big Grin