Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Phantom Mission Pack Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
A mission for Podagorsk. You play as guerillas vs bandits. Capture the castle then the bandits will all swarm and attack the castle. Reinforcement will arrive after a while after you capture the castle.
Great! Love this island. Missions uploaded to the server.
Another i44 mission for 4 player coop. Alright, I think that's enough i44 mission for me for now unless there's more interest for it. I'm going to release a pack for it now. Basically cross the other side of the river and if you get caught a lot of enemies will come out of the tents.

Question about my Namalsk missions. Are they too hard with all the NACs and such

I can't upload attachments for some reason.

Since I can't attach files... download here.

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/6/5/8/1/65..._arrow.zip
For black mountain crisis, there should be 84 civilians and police to kill. I'm thinking of reducing the numbers to if 12-18 civilians left, task complete. I tried 20 at first and the explosion wiped out enough, what number would you guys think would be good?
Maybe complete the task when 3/4 of all the civvies/policemen in the town are dead?
(06-20-2013, 11:53 PM)Phantom link Wrote:For black mountain crisis, there should be 84 civilians and police to kill. I'm thinking of reducing the numbers to if 12-18 civilians left, task complete. I tried 20 at first and the explosion wiped out enough, what number would you guys think would be good?

Maybe do it like this, once the bomb goes off give the players, say, 10 minutes. if they do not kill all civilians in that time, check if there is more than, say, 20% left, and fail the task if there is, but succeed the task if they killed enough?
Or (similar to Alwarren's idea) send in some police reinforcements after 10 minutes or such from a nearby village, but leave task completion open (finishable). So if the killers kill the cops too, they may harass the village indefinitely.
Updated Black Mountain Crisis. Only 12 civilians can remain otherwise, if you denonate the bomb and 10 minutes later and you fail to complete the objective, it'll automatically be complete, but reinforcement of police will arrive.

For Namalsk mission, CO 05 DARK HOLE I'm thinking about removing NVs for NAC units at the base with the keys and car, but if you are detected, they'll put on their NV goggles. I'm thinking about adding radio to call in reinforcement, what'd you guys think.

For Namalsk mission, CO 09 BRENSK TRAM SWEEP I'll lower some AI skills, and probably add in some loud weapons since it seems like silence weapons aren't doing so well against NAC.

For Namalsk mission, CO 06 STEAL THE CHOPPER I'm thinking about removing the difficulty option and just go with random spawn. Sometimes there will be tower guards, other times not. I hope I don't put too much this time.

Any ideas?

CO 09 Brensk Tram Sweep updated

I turned down the AI skill level even lower to the point of almost the lowest on some. For the NACs that spawn on probability, I lowered the probability even more to around 5-20% chance. I also added loud weapons in the briefing to choose from since silence sucks against NACs.

CO 05 Dark Hole updated

I lowered the AI skills even more for this one as well. I removed the NV Goggles from the NACs at the base you need to enter as well, but if you blow your cover, they'll put their NV Goggles back on and their reinforcements will come. I also added the SCAR into the mission selection and you can actually radio for reinforcement this time, although your Russian reinforcement will not be a match for the NAC's APC reinforcement, so best to use that to buy some time to escape if you blow your cover.

CO 06 Steal the Chopper Updated

I lowered the NAC's skills on this one as well. You can't choose your difficulty this time but there's a possibility chance that there will be guards in tower (and lesser foot patrol inside the base), or no guards in the the towers, and a little bit more foot patrol inside the base. I also removed NV Goggles to NACs for this one so same deal with stealth and detection (so night version may be easier, until you're spotted). I actually manage to sneak into the base and steal the keys while I was testing. Same deal with the guards rushing out of their barracks if you're detected as well.

Were the other Namalsk missions too hard as well or alright. By theory, the other ones didn't look too hard to me, but I'll adjust if there's a possibility that it can be too hard.
Thanks Phantom, looking forward to trying these missions again.
I think the other ones were ok in terms of difficulty.
Another Podagorsk mission is up. Enter two sides of the train station from two teams of four to get the cache with info on location of scud launchers then steal helicopters to get to the scud launchers to destroy them. You have SATCOMs. If you set parameters to night time, you can also try to approach it stealthily to avoid enemies from being alerted and rushing out of their tents. Well, going in with guns blazing is still always an option.

Just ignore the little error message on the startup, but I doubt its mission breaking. Just a little message that SATCOM does about nil code overwritten.
thanks! uploading.
I updated Brensk Tram Sweep by adding SA58 magazines that were missing before.

Use this double penetration mission instead, I changed nil to _nil so that error message won't pop up and come in conflict with the mission again (probably comes in conflict if you use CBA, but it should be fixed now).

As for the ACE version of Double Penetration. I change the rucksacks to an ACE Molle ruck but I couldn't figure out how to fix the ACE first aid system problem. I did a test and shot my AI buddy but inspected everytime and it says that the guy was fine though he was clearly bleeding. I can only help the guy walk, apply morphine, or apply epinephrine, but I cannot use bandages to patch him up.
Looks like I discovered that any ACE mission that uses UPSMON has that medical equipment problem. Most of my missions have UPSMON used in them and the problem is that the only medical equipment you can use are morphine and epinephrine.
All the ACE missions that have used UPSMON has been updated to using an older version of UPSMON so the medical system should work again. I also updated Black Hole mission in Namalsk so the tasks and notes show up during the briefing this time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6