Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: How to blow a building (scripted or triggered)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I started to make my second mission. I have no time but I am making it slowly, no pressure.

Here is what I want to do. I wanna blow a building at certain point during the SP/MP mission. It is for a dramatic effect but also to advance mission story too. It has to happen during the right moment when player reach some point and is able to see it.

Now, how do I script buiding destructon? I would prefer to blow it by satchels but how do I make AI blow it? Or can it be done in some other way, it's not crucial what triggers the explosion but it is important that it looks like explosion (and destroys radar at Station Mike on Stratis).

Currently I spawn Ifrit 500 m above the radar to do the job, but I prefer less Monty Python-ish way to do it.   
Create an invisible H and call it something like bomb1 then....

Try making a trigger for example, if player is in a certain radius of the trigger or group. Put something in the activation like this

bomb = "M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG" createVehicle [(getPos bomb1 select 0),( getPos bomb1 select 1), 0];

R_60mm_HE works for explosions as well...

Too bad there's no big bombs for ARMA 3 yet so if you want a bigger explosion, I think you'll have to wait for beta if they introduce planes or tanks. Biggest bombs in ARMA 2 were the bombs from those A10s.
Thanx Phantom, will try that. Also, hope beta will bring something bigger to make a bang.

I'll post again if there is a problem.
Note that in A2 at least, the explosion multiplies with the number of explosives, so you could add that line a few times to add to the bang Smile
(06-28-2013, 10:51 PM)rundll.exe link Wrote: [ -> ]Note that in A2 at least, the explosion multiplies with the number of explosives, so you could add that line a few times to add to the bang Smile
I confirm that this works in ARMA 3 as well. You might want to make a few more invisible H around the other H's the make the explosion a bit thicker around if you want, but I do recommend stacking for a bigger bang.
Will do. It works with satchels also?
I have doubts on satchels.
You can use nearestObject.

In  the mission eidtor, siwtch on ID's on the right side, and note the ID number of the building you want to blow up.

The trigger should then do "(nearestObject 1234) setDamage 1" (1234 is the ID of the building.