Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Summer project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a passionate gamer for more than 20+ and my father knows his way in metalworking. We had some free time:
[Image: z0IfqzA.jpg]
[Image: nQChBTo.jpg]
[Image: lKUu0DU.jpg]
[Image: 3gWmRpM.jpg]
[Image: cjFWHjs.jpg]

The keyboard+mouse+joystick, monitor and steering wheel holders are telescopic ("pullable") and you can adjust the angle too. My father did all the handiwork, I was just the designer Smile See you soon guys!
Haha, nice! That seat sure looks comfy!  Will you be playing Arma from this too?

I guess it's not finished, but you really should get some of this dimpled aluminium plate (we call it tear plate...) for the floor part. And so some cable management ofcourse.
Looks great kutya! Have fun with it.
The seat is a used Peugeot or Renault one. Well, it actually is finished, except the floor and cabling Smile I plan to put some carpet, since I like barefoot driving and aluminium would be cold in winter days. Pity it's banned in real life.

Yeah, this is my gaming rig, so I plan to use it as a combo for Arma, racing, flying and casual gaming too. It has it's flaws (little space, no foot rest etc.) but it's way better than my desk I was playing on before. Except my wife laughed her ass off when she saw it...
Post some pictures with the Joystick and mouse stands extended!
How cool would it be if those extensions are motorized (for keyboard/mouse, joystick and wheel)  and switch automaticly when you switch form car to heli/jet or infantry combat  Big Grin
@Variable: the keyboard+stick+mouse stand is a single wide platform. if using all 3, you probably don't use the steering wheel, so from left to right you put keyboard, stick in the middle and mouse to usual right. If you want to drive, you put the stick away, and you pull the wheel stand towards yourself. The wheel is just below the monitor, so it doesn't get in the way when you don't use it.

@rundll.exe: yeah, and a weight sensor in the seat, so it recognizes who is using it and automatically setting up preferences for the current person Big Grin