Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: FHQ Ghost Recon: Desert Siege
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently, I played Ghost Recon again, and noticed that nobody has yet made a version of the Desert Siege campaign for Arma 2, so well, here we go. Will upload to the server too

Mission 1: Burning Sand
Nice ^^
Damn, should have played the original by now... SPOILER! Smile
The first mission isn't much of an eye-opener anyway, Variable, so you can't spoil much.

I'm not sure if I continue with the campaign, anyway. The problem in remaking missions is that you are bound to the original and can hardly bring in your own ideas. For this mission, I added a small twist (reinforcements coming in) that were not part of the original mission... a bit of artistic freedom, if you will. But in general, you're bound by what the original mission was...

We'll see. I started with a CWR2 mission now.
Ok, after Sunday's feedback, made some fixes to the mission:
  • Random air traffic should work now
  • The camp is no longer an X marker, but a circle with the camp somewhere in it (hence no position for task marker)
  • Added a bit more enemies, especially groups that should guard the objectives at all costs
  • Extraction is now automatic if you reach the extraction point and all main targets are successful
  • Added an additional motorized infantry squad that comes along with the mechanized one
  • The mechanized squad now rides a BMP-2

Updated on the server in case we ever want to replay it (I hear you finished it)
Great mission! I enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to the next episodes.
In most missions I tried thus far, when hovering the mouse over a task marker on the map, a tooltip appears with a text lable of the objective. It didn't work in your mission for some reason. You might want to look at it for the next missions.
(08-19-2013, 05:42 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Great mission! I enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to the next episodes.
In most missions I tried thus far, when hovering the mouse over a task marker on the map, a tooltip appears with a text lable of the objective. It didn't work in your mission for some reason. You might want to look at it for the next missions.

Thanks.

Don't really know why it wouldn't work with the popups, I didn't change anything, and the short text form is set correctly (which is what displayed usually).

Anyway, I'll check it. Next mission already started
Regarding the popup hints on task markers:

These hints are the same that also appear in the main view above the waypoint marker and are usually very short, like "MOVE", or "DESTROY". Not many missions actually set those. Anything using shk's tracker don't (it doesn't set them), and for FHQ TT, only missions that actually define them (which is rare)
Maybe I'm used to them due to sander's missions.