Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3-Co13_Radar_Love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Situation

We have word the the CSAT forces are attempting to invade the island to eradicate all remaining Nato forces! (Mainly Us)

Mission

Intel is vague but, word has it that the sudden erection of various antenna and radio masts across the island has some major part in the invasion??

Execution

Gathered intel has located 5 such radar towers located at the other 5 airports/airstrips. Alpha 1 -1 & Alpha 1-2 will be on the ground.
Alpha 1-3 available for transport and fire support.
That was a great mission! I loved it. Only one note - these are comm towers, not radars.

Suggestions:
1. Add some scattered vehicles as Alwarren suggested, might be used as secondary transport in case we get hit
2. Add a repair truck in the base for chopper repairs.
3. Add some enemy vehicle patrols on the roads around the island, it felt a bit too sterile when transiting between the objectives.
Modify message
[url=
lol @Lego -Variable remembers this mission back in Ofp/Arma1 days, which did indeed did have intro music from that song-not sure if CiA would like music intros??

Suggestions noted, there are different towers at the airports.
Glad ppl liked it-as i said,more of a test base for future missions!
Didnt want to put too much on the island for sake of performence issues?
Only 2 towers were destroyed so,mission it still active -i'll update soon  8)
The name rings a bell. There's definitely an Arma 2 mission by Sandmann with the same name though.
I really like intro music, even better when it comes during intros and not just at the beginning of the mission Smile
Just make sure to keep the volume sane, and the music serious. If it's some funny music it's a bit of an immersion killer hehe.
About making the island a bit more lively - I don't think, say, 10 more MG vehicles patrolling the area between the objectives will have a negative impact on performance.
I can't do intros-but i did like to play music (eg a song as posted above that matched the mission name)
Was cropped with Audacity to run for about 20 secs not too loud and fade out.  8)
Here is the updated version  Wink
Updated Version:-

FHQ TaskTracker added  Smile
(11-04-2013, 09:21 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Updated Version:-

Good man Big Grin

Updated, also RnR.
(11-04-2013, 09:21 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Updated Version:-

CK you caved under the pressure! And we are glad you did Big Grin
Nah,just had to stay sober for a couple of hrs to work it all out  Big Grin
Really sry-by chance , just checked something and noticed a big error!
So another update!

(11-07-2013, 12:41 AM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Really sry-by chance , just checked something and noticed a big error!
So another update!

Just noticed that 0 d/loads? is the latest one on the server?
(11-11-2013, 10:43 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed that 0 d/loads? is the latest one on the server?

Apparently not :| Now it is.
(11-11-2013, 11:39 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently not :| Now it is.

Thanks Alwarren  8)