Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: co20 steal_da_chopper - Arma3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Posting this as a pre-release for a slight feed back?
Mission idea is done and implemented-just sorting out the finer details.
Think its about time we tested the town of  'Kavala' as you know it's huge and i've stayed well clear on my poxy pc!
But i'm surprised how well it runs for me  :o

Soo i'm adding in Farooq's Revive
To me this is the best i can get to Arma2's standard system!

Code:
/*
    0 = Only medics can revive
    1 = All units can revive
    2 = Same as 1 but a medikit is required to revive
*/
FAR_ReviveMode = 0;

And:-

Code:
// Seconds until unconscious unit bleeds out and dies. Set to 0 to disable.
FAR_BleedOut = 30;

The variables i've selected as you can see are :-

FAR_ReviveMode = 0 (or 1,2)?
FAR_BleedOut = 30

Are ppl ok with?

A) Only medic can revive?
B) The bleedout/death time? - 30 seconds is really not long at all -so maybe a compromise?( my thinking is set the timer so not to make it endless revive possible)

Thoughts ppl??
Kind of reminds me of lightspeed's ghost recon revive. Medic dead = no revive. Bullet to the head = you can still be revive.

Maybe if someone want to be bodybags and keep dragging someone until they are behind cover as medic constantly revive, the system can be exploited. I guess I've thought about compromise before but if you want to see that in play, the GR campaign in arma 2 does it that way, though, without the first aid module and revive system instead, I feel that a revive system is still flawed. You still survive headshots.
ck, I think that all the current revive systems are like "strike counting" systems and we are better off without them until a something in the lines of Arma 2 First Aid Module is available.
To me, wounds should have certain variables, not just a 30 second timer. A vital wound would take longer to heal and quicker to bleed out. A head shot would straight out kill you. A minor would would be quicker to heal and longer to bleed out, etc. I don't think revive have an equilibrium to that and limiting to just a medic is kind of a hassle too. Think about back in the Ghost Recon campaign for lightspeed, medic dies, no one can "revive". It doesn't seem like a good equilibrium or compromise. What revive fails to take in account for is that kind of situation. If someone makes a proper realistic wounding script, that would be nice though (if it works on dedicated server). Other than that, I guess we can settle for, just get shot and die like OFP without an unconcious state (unless we have FAKs, or mission can also have no FAKs)
First of all I don't know shit about scripting but shouldn't the bleedout time be linked to the amount of damage the player has?
Minor wounds should obviously have a longer bleedout time than major wounds. The amount of damage the player has should decide the true bleedout time. Not knowing exactly how injured you are and how long you'll survive makes it interesting.

The maximum pot of bleedout time should therefor be linked to the actual bleedout you've had.

*whatever Phantom said...
(10-26-2013, 09:40 PM)Llauma link Wrote: [ -> ]First of all I don't know shit about scripting but shouldn't the bleedout time be linked to the amount of damage the player has?

There is actual bleeding in Arma 3, but it only refers to losing blood visually. However, in a better medic system, this can be used to accumulate damage over time.

Personally, I am not a fan of revive scripts and I also think we're better off without them.
(10-26-2013, 10:05 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I am not a fan of revive scripts and I also think we're better off without them.
It depends on how you do it. Calling it revive is stupid to begin with. To be able to revive you need to die first.

Instead of calling it revive I try to see it as bringing back a guy who passed out due to pain/bloodloss. A moderate bloodloss can make you blackout due to drop in blood pressure, especially if it's combined with pain. As long as were dealing with minor wounds that has caused the soldiers to black out I can live with the option to bring them back.

My idea is to disable revival scripts and instant healing of major wounds but still make it a key objective in the missions to treat wounded soldiers and at least secure that they are stable even though they won't be able to continue fighting. Most missions should have med evac as a support option. 
I'm pretty sure in Farooq's revive, you're going to have to die first like all the other revive scripts.
(10-26-2013, 11:42 PM)Llauma link Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on how you do it. Calling it revive is stupid to begin with. To be able to revive you need to die first.

Instead of calling it revive I try to see it as bringing back a guy who passed out due to pain/bloodloss.
I agree, but the problem is that in Arma 3, there's no system that allows that, as far as I know. All available mod systems allows you to revive a guy who got blown to pieces or got a head shot with a 50 Cal. round. It turns the game into a "oh ok, I have 5 more lives to spare, I'll try to sprint into that compound and kill them all by myself", while with the Arma 2 system, you would never do that because you know you can always permanently die if the injury is serious enough.
(10-27-2013, 07:01 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure in Farooq's revive, you're going to have to die first like all the other revive scripts.

That.

It would be different if you would go down even if you go beyond a certain threshold, or receive an excessive amount of damage at once, but all these scripts kick in on death.
Guess i'll drop the idea then  ;D