Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - Co 18 Trident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mission:- Recover our choppers and use them to our advantage!

Situation:- Alpha,Bravo & Charlie are to conduct a 3 pronged attack!

Execution:-Alpha will insert via 2 SDV's to secure the airbase that has some of our captured helos!
Once secured the attack choppers/transport will be used to destroy the main airbase but!!
1st Bravo will halo drop in to locate a Shilka that is SE of airbase that Alpha are attacking, there is no way Alpha can get airbourne with this shilka operational!
Once the shilka is destroyed Alpha can get airbourne with the 2 attack choppers and one transport chopper to pick up Bravo!
Bravo have access to 2 UAV's and can be transported to an appropriate position to laze targets for Alpha's attack choppers!
Charlie are waterbourne to stop the main airbase being reinforced with troops and another shilka, if this convoy reaches the main airbase? the mission will be aborted!!!!
You're doing it again! You're teasing us and do not attach the actual mission!
(11-13-2013, 12:52 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]You're doing it again! You're teasing us and do not attach the actual mission!

Been a very busy man tonight lol

Just enemies to add  Wink
(11-13-2013, 12:57 AM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Been a very busy man tonight lol

Just enemies to add  Wink

Big Grin good man!
Nice tease! Sounds wonderful, really. Just the type of missions that I like - multi-team dependencies - combined air and ground action and stuff to steal!.
Updated 1st post with the mission!!  8)
Great mission. We were ambushed, that's why it went south. We should try again!
Reiterated from Debriefing thread:  HALO team needs backpacks in the supply box so that medic is not useless.  Smile

Great mission/concept otherwise!
Yeah- i got what ya mean't now-you meant the mission 'with' the drivers Wink
Will all be sorted, thanks
New version for TaskForce Radio-also means no issues with the backpacks as Maverick mentioned.

Bravo now start on the ground
Old version can still be used as was  Smile
After today's attempt at this one I would suggest adding a static guard element to the AA armor or shift the patrols paths closer to the vehicle. Because as you said there were patrols in the area, which we unfortunately didn't encounter. So a static group of say 3 or 4 guys just scanning the area could ensure at least "some resistance" even if you manage to dodge the patrols.
I don't mean to bash the great and well thought through mission, which it may have seemed like when I spoke out about it on TS today.
Not at all Val, thanks for the feedback Smile
Just bad or good luck the you missed the patrols Wink
Will add a few things. Also the convoy trigger ain't firing for some reason?
So I'll do what Variable suggested-remove the trigger and have them start straight away but farther back.
I wouldn't hurry to add patrols next to the Shilka. When we first played it the infantry resistance was heavy next to it. Last night might have been a glitch or simply the UAV operator  missed them.

I liked hitting the convoy at it's starting position, was a fun strike!

Looking forward to ambushing it on the bridge as we planned! Smile
You've probably remembered that we were talking about this but just in case it's all a bit hazy Wink

Alpha and Bravo are mixed up in the briefing, 'cos in the slot-in screen Alpha has the two UAV operators but in the briefing it describes Bravo as having that role.

Other than that, cool mission and I'm not only saying that because it's got UAVs and I've got to fly them twice Smile

I don't know if it's possible but it might be useful to have Alpha and Bravo squad leaders have two short range radios, one for in-squad comms and one for inter-squad comms, as they need to work together quite a lot and it's probably a bit confusing for each squad to have to listen to the other squads internal comms, whilst they only seem to need to talk to Charlie less frequently, which can be done (and needs to be done as they're a long way from the other squads) on the long-range.

It might be possible to avoid the need for an inter-squad short-range by setting the local voice to Shout but there might be an issue with the AI hearing us if we do that (I seem to recall that ACRE works like that at least), so if that's a risk we'd be better off setting it to whisper and using the radios. That's a general point to consider for all missions as well as well as thinking about using Whisper or Normal and passing commands down the line when in column formation, rather than using Shout or the radios.
Yeah, I really like the mission, the separate start followed by the joint operation is very cool.

Only problem was that we didn't have radios in the diver team. You might want to add some to the ammo drops, just in case.

Also, the subs were immediately attack, I'd move the patrol boat a bit to avoid that...
Pages: 1 2