Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - co16 A Man of Faith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to get some feedback on that mission. It was quite long (it's still ongoing) and seems to be pretty hard.

So, feedback welcome
IMO, good as it is. It's hard, but that isn't a bad thing. Need to be more careful next time.
I thought the approach to the target area might have been too long ?
Not really, part of the fun is to avoid patrols and shit, so I don't think it is too long.
(11-15-2013, 02:47 AM)Alwarren link Wrote:Not really, part of the fun is to avoid patrols and shit, so I don't think it is too long.
Seconded. We had to wait for a patrol to pass us to continue, and we managed to sneak past them. Was nice.
This mission was probably the most fun one I've played so far in ARMA 3. Sneaking around patrols, that clumsy apc encounter, sporadic AA fire, random short firefights with infantry, always trying to outrun them.
All building up to that huge firefight where most of us were so low on ammo, to the point that I was happy when I managed to snag couple of pistol mags from a dead body (won't be able to kill anyone with it, but hey, at least they won't be taking me alive Big Grin) luckily Victor gave me 1 of his for the mg.

What I wanted to say is that I wouldn't really change anything, liked the way it is.
Thanks all for the feedback. I guess we should try it again one day and see how it goes. One of the most problematic things in Arma is making balanced missions because chance sometimes makes a mission go either one way or another... it's always something different each time you play... which is of course great, but a big problem too.
I saw your removed the sniper team in favor of a heavy AT team. We do need more firepower, but are you sure you want to remove the snipers for it? The snipers were really helpful in this mission in all attempts and I'm sure they had lots of fun. It's a good terrain for snipers, too.
(12-28-2013, 10:08 AM)Variable link Wrote:I saw your removed the sniper team in favor of a heavy AT team. We do need more firepower, but are you sure you want to remove the snipers for it? The snipers were really helpful in this mission in all attempts and I'm sure they had lots of fun. It's a good terrain for snipers, too.

I'm not sure the sniper team can really operate well in this terrain. There are no higher points that they can use to get an advantage, and I think the terrain hinders them more than necessary. Plus, as you said, we need the additional firepower, especially since almost always, the AA spotted us and killed us...

We might try the mission again one day, and see which one is better, the sniper team or the AT team... I'll revert to Snipers if necessary.
Bugs -
Charlie's UAV operator had a terminal, but no UAV backpack.
After taking over the captured UAV it blew up the second I turned on its engine.
Two tanks were stuck at the vicinity of Chalkiya (the other two arrived and attacked us).
Extraction never arrived and the mission didn't end.

Design Issues-
I think that the tanks came a bit too fast. I would let the team at least 15 minutes more to complete the take over of the airfield and use the UAV.
Since the UAV are that sensitive, and tend to get stuck and crash, I'd put some more NATO Greyhawks at the airbase just in case.
Mortar team leader had no binoculars.

People might have got bored just because the tactics I chose, I don't think the mission is to blame for that. I decided to command the operation from the mortar team's leader slot so the guys in my team didn't do much more than using the mortar until the last phase of the mission when we attacked the airbase. However, I'd encourage this structure by assigning this team a sniper (that would carry the mortar tripod) and a medic. The leader can carry the tube. This way this team could serve as a command-mortar element which can be fun!

In any case, cool mission! I'm glad we completed it after almost a year it is released!

Quote:The leader can carry the tube.

But then he can't carry a LR radio.
Daium. Can the Medkit be carried in a vest?
(10-20-2014, 10:56 PM)Variable link Wrote:Daium. Can the Medkit be carried in a vest?

No.

What do you think, remove the mortar team in favor of, say, a heavy AT (titan etc) ?
(10-21-2014, 01:25 AM)Varanon link Wrote:No.

What do you think, remove the mortar team in favor of, say, a heavy AT (titan etc) ?
No, the biggest challenge in this mission and what makes it special is dealing with the AA tanks (how are these called anyway?). Adding guided ATs will make too simple and remove the mission from its uniqueness. I say either add another medic to the team or just forget about him, the other two teams have a medic each and that's ok.
I didn't play the mission, but i'd favor mortar instead AT guided.
Pages: 1 2