Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - co16 Flycatcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems we got unlucky and got the attention of too many vehicles (believe it or not, they patrol an area of about 50 square kilometer).

Again, please leave feedback in this topic.
Tha was one hell of a mission. Although we failed, it was one of the highlights of the evening in my opinion. Loved the resi theme, the briefing is straight to the point, and the firefight was extended and very enjoyable.
I didn't feel like we were facing unfair odds. Both me and the other AT gunner, missed when trying to take the APC outs. I guess we just don't know to use them AT launchers...

Looking forward to playing this again and take out that chopper!
(11-15-2013, 02:50 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Tha was one hell of a mission. Although we failed, it was one of the highlights of the evening in my opinion. Loved the resi theme, the briefing is straight to the point, and the firefight was extended and very enjoyable.
I didn't feel like we were facing unfair odds. Both me and the other AT gunner, missed when trying to take the APC outs. I guess we just don't know to use them AT launchers...

True, but it was a damn coincidence that both the Gorgon and the other APC were in the area... 

(11-15-2013, 02:50 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to playing this again and take out that chopper!

Actually, it's a plane you need to shoot down Big Grin The only one in the game!
Suggestions: the addition of sniper rifles, a mortar (with limited shells) and maybe some HMG offroad vehicles will even up the odds a bit.
I'd go with removing the patrols, assaulting that hill should be hard enough without running into APCs and squads before that.
(01-26-2014, 05:26 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]I'd go with removing the patrols, assaulting that hill should be hard enough without running into APCs and squads before that.
I wouldn't go this way. The "fire all around you" really adds to the feeling.
(01-26-2014, 05:27 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't go this way. The "fire all around you" really adds to the feeling.

Seconded, don't remove the patrols. If at all, we should try to evade them.
I wouldn't really change anything to tell the truth, I just think we have problem with the mission because we are trying to brute force our way up on that hill as poorly equiped guerrillas, through the enemy that has us outnumbered, and packs a lot of big guns. And since altis is pretty open, we don't have much cover to get close to enemies, and we end up engaging enemies that are far away with iron sights and 5.56mm. In ARMA 2 this would probably be perfectly fine, but here it doesn't quite cut it.

I really think we should try to sneak our way to the bottom of that hill, and when both teams are in position, take it over quickly, before they have too much time to react. Once we're on top, it shouldn't be hard to defend it.
Maybe even have teams attacking from completely opposite sides, in case we are detected. The team that got detected must retreat to the nearest position that has enough cover, and fight the enemies there in order to draw as much of them as possible, to maximize the chance of the success of the other team.

If I had to pick something that gets added to the mission, I guess it would be ammo. I remember near the end, most of the guys that were alive were either low or already scavenging for ammo.

But, this is just my opinion Big Grin