Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: BIS Sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like Arma 2 and TOH are 80% . Can someone tell me how TOH is?

I tried to ask some real life buddies if they want to buy Arma 2. Their answer was no Sad . Oh well. I haven't asked my old lab partner yet since he hasn't been online steam.
(11-20-2013, 09:40 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Arma 2 and TOH are 80% . Can someone tell me how TOH is?

LIke flying a chopper in Arma 2, plus complex flight model, minus getting shot at Smile Never played it a lot, depending on what it cost now, it's worth a look.

Quote:I tried to ask some real life buddies if they want to buy Arma 2. Their answer was no Sad . Oh well. I haven't asked my old lab partner yet since he hasn't been online steam.

Well, some people don't know what's good for them.
(11-20-2013, 09:40 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Arma 2 and TOH are 80% . Can someone tell me how TOH is?

The game is quite good, but it runs horrible on my system (much worse than A2), making the very sensitive flight model a pain... So I didnt play more than 10 missions I think. 
rund, turn of PIP in ToH, that helps with me.

The flight model is quite complex, though, it takes a lot of CPU power...
I just got my friend Arma X to pay him back for getting me Terraria (he's pretty bad at tactical shooters and such though, but, whatevers)
D/loading the whole of Arma2 for £5.00 -Steam version,just cause it will show in Steam i'm playing it!
I'm sad like that  ;D ;D
Figured i'd be playing it for long time with you guys still.

So i'll have OA+ 2x Baf's on Bi store if any ones needed cd keys?

Edit:- And Arma2
I also have a steam account with an extra copy of Arma 2 Combined Ops (no DLCs on the other one though). I had that lying around in case I have some LAN play (which never really happen) and people will probably play something else other than Arma most of the time (or there's more than just 1 person)
I brought the Arma 2 pack as well Smile Just so I'll have it on my library.
I still can't get CO to show in Steam that im playing? Only Arrowhead!
And if i use a launcher it don't show at all? so have to use addons the in-game expansions way!  Sad
I don't have a steam jnstallation yet, but I have never seen someone's status as playing combine ops, just arrowhead.
(11-30-2013, 11:35 AM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]I still can't get CO to show in Steam that im playing? Only Arrowhead!
And if i use a launcher it don't show at all? so have to use addons the in-game expansions way!  Sad

(edit: yeah Combined Ops is not showing in steam when you launch it)

Depends what launcher you use; With Armarize you can add the addons you like, together with a "CombinedOps" addon, and launch that with Steam.

1. After you launch the Armarize program go to Options> then Settings tab > Check "Try to use Steam to start the game.

2. Hit "Back to Menu" (bottom left corner) to get to the main Window of Armarize

3. Hit "Server Browser"

4. Look Right , where the profiles can be made, and Create a profile(hit New) to launch Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.  Select Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead under "Default game to start" drop box.

5. You can see there also a list of mods that were detected as installed (i think from both Arma2/OA directories) . Just pick the ones you need and also the "CombinedOps" one

6. Save the Profile(at the bottom you must type a Name)

7. Now you are at the main "Server Browser" window, and you select your profile. Hit Start and the game should load from Steam , together with all the addons you wanted.