Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: New ArmA2OA beta patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a new beta patch that would probably be good to use but it's 1.63 and not backwards compatible with 1.62, so both clients and server have to update. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ompatible)

This obviously makes it a bit tricky but maybe we could come up with a planned date to update the server, to give players some notice so that hopefully they'll be ready by then and we won't end up with loads of people being unable to connect because they haven't updated.
I don't think we want to force players to use the beta patch if they don't want to and since this one is not backward compatible we won't be able to let people that are not using the beta play.

I looked at the change log, what do you think so good to have there?
(11-21-2013, 08:58 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we want to force players to use the beta patch if they don't want to and since this one is not backward compatible we won't be able to let people that are not using the beta play.

I looked at the change log, what do you think so good to have there?

Sure, I guess we don't want to force people to use the beta. Hopefully the 1.63 stable won't be too far off anyway.

I think the main thing that caught my eye was that they've added the -nologs option, which A3 already has and apparently has helped with performance for some people for whatever reason. It might not necessarily mean that it has the same benefit with A2 though.

There were also some good improvements to VON in one of the previous betas, so sometime we might want to try that again, as I understand that ACRE turned out to be quite unreliable but VON could perhaps give us a better radio emulation, with command channels and so on, than is possible with TS3, although to be fair with the whisper plugin that seems to do pretty well. Anyway, it's nothing that can't wait until the 1.63 stable Smile