Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Steam on SSD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed a 256 GB SSD (Samsung 830). I installed Windows 7 on it and moved Arma 2 over to it. Now I have left about 200 GB available. Should I install Steam on the SSD and have all it's game on it? Except from the Armas, I usually remove a game after I finish it's SP content.
You can define multiple steamApps folders, and choose them when installing a game, so I only have the Arma games on the SSD, the rest is on the normal d: drive.  All other games don't need and SSD to perform well  :Smile
Thanks rund. I installed a Steam client on the SSD and installed Arma 3 on it. I will later format my old hard drive and make a Steam library there for non-Arma stuff.
I know this is an old thread (I'm exploring the other areas of the forum, whoo!) but there is also a program called Steam Mover that works great for this sort of thing.  It was most useful before Steam allowed you to create Steam libraries on other drives, but it also works well now to avoid having to re-install to another drive (since Steam doesn't allow you to move the folders without reinstalling)

http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover
Maverick here on the CiA forums it is even recommended to dig out old threads, we love nostalgia! Not that this thread was even old...