Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Switching to Stable - Arma 3 Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the Dev branch is on hold anyway, and since we have troubles restarting the server frequently, the Arma 3 server has switched to the stable build. Please switch as well.
Is it just me, or was the dev build much faster than the stable build ? I had some abysmal framerates today, it used to be better with the dev build.
(12-20-2013, 12:13 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me, or was the dev build much faster than the stable build ? I had some abysmal framerates today, it used to be better with the dev build.

Same here, I do think the stable branch is considerably slower than Dev, at least for me. Good sign, though, so it means things will get faster once the new patch is out.
Outlawz mission i was on 10 fps at most! But then it was in Kavala.
(12-20-2013, 01:03 AM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Outlawz mission i was on 10 fps at most! But then it was in Kavala.

Edit :- i know Dev has stop for the moment but-there was quite a few dev releases after last stable!

Also there is that 1.8 server binary out if ya request it

(12-20-2013, 01:05 AM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Also there is that 1.8 server binary out if ya request it
We have that.
Hmm, I think my frames are lower on the stable build than on the dev build.
Honestly, we should consider going back to dev build.

The "stable" branch is anything but. It has a memory leak, I'm sure, which leads to a bloated process image after some time. It's much slower than the dev build and more buggy.
Tbh -i'm sure the games not run as good?
Also wasn't there quite a few dev releases after the stable release?

EDIT:-

Yepp 3 more dev branch updates after stable 1.08

10-12-13
ok, switching to dev branch.
EDIT: wait, need to confirm what to do with the new binaries.
Server has been switched to dev branch. Update them clients!