Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Setting groups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought i had it sorted? Use the ingame module to set groups as Alpha/Bravo etc
But after testing it still shows Alpha1 /1-2/1-3 etc!
Opened up your - Plant Fields mission Alwarren and see that you used=  this setGroupId  ["Firefly"]; but in mine still shows the old way?
Any help chaps?
I'm a stubborn bastard that will rather spend hrs figuring it out myself rather than ask but, i have to go pick up Kaiya now- got her for the weekend.
Any ideas?
If you're talking about the lobby, I don't think you can change those, but the ingame can be changed.

I think it might have something to do with a MP framework or maybe it's the FHQ framework for FHQ missions that makes it work?

I know in ArmA2 I needed to sync First Aid modules to the units to get the groupID to work on dedicated, dunno what those modules contained that made it work.
You can set unit names in the description field of the unit that will be shown in the lobby
From my searching Outlawz i think your right.

(01-03-2014, 09:04 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]You can set unit names in the description field of the unit that will be shown in the lobby

That works Varanon but that changes eg- combat life saver to say Alpha -(ive typed in 'Alpha') = no one knows the specific soldier slot!
And i aint gonna type :- Alpha Combat Lfie Saver

Using the 'Modules' group modifiers -to sync a squad name doesnt change the lobby either!

Me thinks this is fooked up!!!
It is, yeah. I usually name them something like Alpha 1 (Medic). With copy and paste it s not that bad