Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - co02_robbing_the_tempest.stratis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's an attempt of mine to do a stealth mission. Too bad you can't stealth kill since the compound is small so the enemies are close enough to be alerted if you even shoot one guy. You can however shoot lightbulbs. You're better off using your bullets on that.

This shall be a little experiment of mine to try stealth with instead of detected by OPFOR trigger, I did a behaviour check on the AI and see if the guards are on COMBAT (danger mode). If they are, you must kill them before the alarm is triggered. If they shoot, the alarm is triggered. Unfortunately, if one guy is in COMBAT mode because you shot him, even if he's ungrouped, another guy will be alerted as well. I'll have to try this again in a larger city and have them more scattered, but here it goes...

Mission: Infiltrate Camp Tempest and retrieve data from the CSAT forces.

Enemy Forces: CSAT foot soldiers, a stationary Ifrit, a stationary boat. No CSAT unit have NV Goggles. They all have flashlights instead.

If alarmed is raise, enemies will rush out of the bigger building and an APC will approach full of soldiers with NV Goggles.

Mission uses parameters to change difficulty.
Easy - Play as SpecOps and have NV.
Medium (Default) - Play as Guerilla
Hard - Play as undercover civilian

The reason I put parameter even though you may not like parameters, Variable, is since this is a 2 player mission and coop night don't have 2 man army since Arma 3 nights be crowded, I intend to play this with a real life friend as well who is new to the series so I can adjust to his needs Wink (ok not really, we might probably still end up dead).
Nice idea setting the difficulty by the equipment of the players. Fresh approach.
Updated first post with new version of the mission.

I removed 1 guard who was in the way and the extra equipments in the SUV since there was no point in "stealth killing" people and just try to avoid them (if possible). If not then my design went wrong.

In the SUV should only be First Aid Kits or optics now.

SOS - medium
SOS & nightstalker - easy

Nothing hard. Basically, the weapons you get on loadouts are the weapons you get.
Updated with updated version of first aid system.
Updated with newest update of first aid script.
Another first aid script update