Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO10 Kavala Rising
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had you give me the same addons as the server so I could replicate it. It's a genuine dedicated server console and shows up in the game browser.

As far as different AI settings and so forth, I try to make them as general as possible and I do mostly make missions for our coops but I do release them on the steam workshop so I have to make sure they are playable to someone without mods as well.

Personally I'm getting a little tired of the rigmarole you have to go through to even make a mission given the lack of official support from the devs and the amount of trial and error there is for even getting simple tasks to work. I've spent literally days on some missions only to have some abstract piece of crap stop working for absolutely no god damned reason whatsoever. I thank Varanon and Alwarren for their immense help, but It's starting to get to where it's much more of a job than a hobby or fun way to kill time.
Make a template, then do missions with it. Whenever I start a mission, I copy over some triggers and critical files (description.ext, init.sqf...) and keep a .txt file full of useful or used before commands to copy paste in.
I understand your pain Windies,sometimes i can spend hrs just testing part of a mission adjusting things,preview,change,preview change but its great when things come together.

(02-02-2014, 09:46 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Make a template, then do missions with it. Whenever I start a mission, I copy over some triggers and critical files (description.ext, init.sqf...) and keep a .txt file full of useful or used before commands to copy paste in.

This is what i do-when you have a good setup,rename the mission folder for the next mission,delete the mission.sqm and load it up.
Also the text document with all the bits and pieces i've picked up along the way  Smile
(02-02-2014, 09:46 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Make a template, then do missions with it. Whenever I start a mission, I copy over some triggers and critical files (description.ext, init.sqf...) and keep a .txt file full of useful or used before commands to copy paste in.

I do that, it's just the time sink and frustration that it becomes even when you try to make it easier becomes very frustrating.
Pages: 1 2