Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - co08 Ping Pong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mission: The Spiridonov Vadim, a freighter that is in reality a facade for the secret service, was sunk after hitting a sea mine. On board is a suitcase with a vital piece of communications asset which has to be retrieved. The suitcase is outfitted with a transmitter that can be picked up by a UAV, but first, the airspace has to be cleared...

This is the first mission I made that is totally under water. I have no idea how well underwater combat works out, so it might be good or boring, I don't really know. There's a lot going on above and below the waves, though. Destruction of the AAA is achieved by laser marking targets for a high altitude JDAM strike, and two UAVs are used to triangulate the position of the suitcase.
(Uploaded to the server)
Nice to have a new mission from our resident FHQ  Smile
I just hope it's fun to play. Don't know how interesting underwater combat really is
I am really excited about this mission. We tried it on Suday. One suggestion -
For some readon, we thought that the red boundaries marked on the map are mines so we just tried to infiltrate through close to shore. The divers are a bit of an unfair surprise because you can't really spot them (unless they are directly in front of you and shown on the front view camera). I suggest indicating that there is a diver defence line on the red lines.
That mission is fucking awesome Varanon! I loved it.

First, I recommend reducing the player count to six, three on each sub. The mission is long and some roles take long to be active and some roles can be combined. I suggest the following on each sub:

Leader - sub driver.
Periscope operator - demolition expert.
UAV operator.

HOWEVER. I suggest issuing UAV terminals to all players to avoid any issues with people not sure how to operate the UAV and players dying (can't complete the mission without a terminal and if I guy gets shot in the water while dived you can't retrieve his equipment.

The mission could also use some stationary divers at the ship itself.

Several bugs were encountered:
  • Our demo expert couldn't disable the mines. The diver role that could do that is a bit confusing, it might be the other dude, the engineer maybe?
  • We had multiple instances of the message "we are in the AO..." throughout the mission
  • The friendly nuclear sub at the end was multiplied (check my steam screenshots).
I couldn't access the UAV terminal as Bravo drone operator (nothing in scroll menu), so I disconnected to lobby and reconnected and had the default diver loadout.

I drove Bravo sub for awhile and could turn GPS on, so maybe I never had a terminal in the first place?
(08-04-2014, 12:59 PM)Variable link Wrote:That mission is fucking awesome Varanon! I loved it.

Thanks!

Regarding the bugs:

There should have been UAV terminals for everyone. I don't know why only the team leaders got them. I think I messed up the loadouts (again).

This might tie in with the demo expert not being able to deactivate mines. I remember that it worked before, I guess the messed up loadouts did not contain toolkits.

And of course, the sub and some speech was duplicated... when will I ever learn to avoid this ? Meh.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll fix what I can