Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - Missing in Action
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Situation: About an hour ago we lost contact with Victor Squad as they were patrolling one of the bad parts of Zargabad. Ranger Squad Tusker 3 is deployed to go look for them and bring home any surviving members of Victor squad.

(Already deployed on the server. Untested since the server was "in use" when I uploaded it)
Updated the mission (first post and on the server).
Now works as expected (previously, some soldiers were naked), and I added Psycho's wounding system.
New version uploaded, first post fixed.

Personally, I think there is something wrong with the game itself. It seems that every time someone JIP's in, the init of all units is re-run, otherwise I cannot explain why this mess comes up.
Maybe its TFA? Last time I witnessed someone JIPing and everyone going naked, I'm pretty sure I found my radio in my inventory instead of the item list (though I'm not certain as naked=no inventory to start with) :/
(04-08-2014, 02:45 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe its TFA? Last time I witnessed someone JIPing and everyone going naked, I'm pretty sure I found my radio in my inventory instead of the item list (though I'm not certain as naked=no inventory to start with) :/

I don't think it is. I made some tests yesterday, without TFA, and could still see it happen.

What I *think* is happening is that every time someone JIP's the init fields of all units is run again. I suddenly had two guns but no uniform since addUniform was running on Varanon'S machine and therefore didn't work, but addWeaponGlobal did. AddWeaponItem didn't, so the second gun was without attachments.

Personally, I don't think that should happen. I'll try to make a reproducible case and report it as a bug.  Until that I have not removed the uniform and check if the unit is local before I perform any loadout actions.
I have to ask, those that played this mission on Thursday, did you notice any of the AI in buildings lying down? I wonder if my "force standing" FSM worked.
I haven't. But I wasn't close the the action as the others, I just send them all to the danger while staying in the hunters AC.
One more thing. Note that TPWCAS has a problem of units in buildings not returning to stand after they are suppressed. I hope you test with ASR AI and TPWCAS.

I saw naked units at the last camp and one of them was constantly doing the "take" animation from the back of the off-road.
(04-11-2014, 10:15 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]One more thing. Note that TPWCAS has a problem of units in buildings not returning to stand after they are suppressed. I hope you test with ASR AI and TPWCAS.

Yeah, that might be a problem.

Quote:I saw naked units at the last camp and one of them was constantly doing the "take" animation from the back of the off-road.

So did I, I have no motherloving idea what causes this, because it was only SOME of them not all of them. I really need to find a 100% reliable unit to do loadouts, somehow I think that is messed up - I can't remember having so much trouble with it in Arma 2.