Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Metro: Last Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a very low FPS and I don't know why. I have a decent rig but even with the lowest settings (on 1920:1080) it lags as hell. Any idea?
I remember in the first game, stuff like DoF and Advanced PhysX were pretty big performance killers, but if you have it on the lowest settings I wouldn't think that is the issue.
Try 1 to set PhysX on GPU, in nV CP, or if that don't help disable PhysX in game.
Thanks Horus I'll try that. God damn it who am I kidding, I got no time for another game in my life -_-
Alright, cancelling "Advanced PhysX" fixed the problem. I would have found this option earlier if the geniuses who designed the menus didn't put it under "Game Options" instead of "Graphics"...
If you like to have PhysX in game maybe try this, too  ???
Quote:You can still play this game with PhysX enabled.  The problem has to do with an outdated PhysX driver that doesn't get updated when you download the updated video card drivers.  Just uninstall your PhysX driver from the control panel in add/remove programs and install the latest version: 9.13.1220.
(04-29-2014, 06:24 PM)Horus link Wrote:If you like to have PhysX in game maybe try this, too  ???
Horus, you are my hero!
Who would have thought that PhysX should be updated manually like that? Why isn't it updating with the rest of the Nvidia driver? Oh well, got the game maxed out now, with advances Physx. Thanks!
That's odd, because every time I get an nVidia driver update, it includes the latest PhysX in the package.
Really? I use GeForce experience and, apparently, it didn't update Physx. It did update the GFX driver, though.
One easy way to check is to do a "Custom Install" whenever you install drivers.  That way it will pop up with a selection window that tells you what exactly is going to be installed.  I always have the PhysX driver at the bottom of that list.  I typically always do a custom install just to avoid installing some of the stereoscopic 3D stuff that I will never use.
That's exactly what I do. I always do custom install. I'm either an idiot or "GeForce experience" mess something up.
Kind of an old bump, but since I recently updated my drivers via GeForce Experience I thought I'd post a screencap of what I see when I do a Custom Install:

[Image: hul8qRl.png]