Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Abdera Sanctum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-14-2014, 04:40 PM)Variable link Wrote:I have no idea what was going while I was babysitting the civilians to the chapel. I came only later to join the mop up. Were the mortar fire missions I called effective? I'll direct Vanha, the author, over here.

Well, the timing is very tight on purpose so the idea is to split resources at the beginning to civ resque/ambush prepare.
Some of the civilian placements are random so sometimes when trying it out myself I did not find enough civs when the situation was already critical.
But that's how I meant it to be. Thanks for trying it out and I do appreciate suggestions if you felt it should require more preparation time.
(04-14-2014, 06:50 PM)VanhA link Wrote:Well, the timing is very tight on purpose so the idea is to split resources at the beginning to civ resque/ambush prepare.
Some of the civilian placements are random so sometimes when trying it out myself I did not find enough civs when the situation was already critical.
But that's how I meant it to be. Thanks for trying it out and I do appreciate suggestions if you felt it should require more preparation time.

I think another minute or two before the convoy showed up would be appropriate.  We really didn't spend a lot of time messing around at the spawn, and we even took a truck with everyone to the convoy ambush location, but by that time the convoy was already showing up and we had no time to prepare.
(04-14-2014, 07:47 PM)MavericK link Wrote:I think another minute or two before the convoy showed up would be appropriate.  We really didn't spend a lot of time messing around at the spawn, and we even took a truck with everyone to the convoy ambush location, but by that time the convoy was already showing up and we had no time to prepare.

Yeah, that or an ample warning in the briefing, something like "You need to act quickly". I think it was only natural to check the truck down the road to see if there was anything in it that would be helpful.

As I said, I liked the mission, even though it killed me (twice) Smile
I got an idea for this mission or a sequel, or a prequel. You start outside a town. CSAT are already starting to kill civilians inside. You need to move fast and save as many civilians as possible. Then prepare an ambush for another team of CSAT in this town or in another town (maybe you are being flown to another town where they are about to attack?).
Nice ideas but I'd like to keep this as small scale as possible.
I'll be sure to adjust more delay for the convoy arrival and also add warning in the briefing.

I did come up with some new ideas from Variables brainstorming though  Big Grin
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=249529074

Here's the new version with adjusted delay for the convoy plus more briefing details
Weirdest thing... Now that I added the wounding script and updated by the latest patch, the mission seems to be malfunctioning.
And what's with overview pictures not showing up on server anymore? Except in official missions...
Am I missing something? Although I have not read about the changes in latest patches.
(05-11-2014, 12:04 PM)VanhA link Wrote: [ -> ]And what's with overview pictures not showing up on server anymore? Except in official missions...

They never did. I'm guessing you need to download the mission first, since the picture is stored in the .pbo, not the server?
(05-11-2014, 12:04 PM)VanhA link Wrote: [ -> ]And what's with overview pictures not showing up on server anymore? Except in official missions...
Am I missing something? Although I have not read about the changes in latest patches.
Actually, we have one custom mission on the server that do have a working overview picture. I'll put it here soon so you could reverse engineer it.
Sorry, it appears that the custom mission I talked about just points to an image of an official mission.
VanhA, Outlawz just checked on the server. The overview picture will work once the client has downloaded the mission.
(05-11-2014, 03:30 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]VanhA, Outlawz just checked on the server. The overview picture will work once the client has downloaded the mission.
Quite right, I did not think of that  :Smile