Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Red Orchestra 2 - Free forever if you download today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know much about RO but I think this is just the SP component that's free.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/
No no, the whole game is free to grab for 24 hours. [size=1em]You just need to click "Install Game" to be added to the Steam Library. Don't even need to download it now.[/size]
Just grabbed. Thanks for the heads up
(04-23-2014, 08:57 PM)freeman link Wrote: [ -> ]No no, the whole game is free to grab for 24 hours. [size=1em]You just need to click "Install Game" to be added to the Steam Library. Don't even need to download it now.[/size]

OK, I was confused by this text on the RO2 page:

'Please note: if you buy Red Orchestra 2 from this store page, you will get RIFLE-ONLY access to Rising Storm, NOT the whole game. If you head for the Rising Storm store page (http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510/), you can buy Rising Storm, including ALL of the Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer content.'

and if I go to that page, it shows that Rising Storm is £14.99, not free. However, I've got RO2: HoS (and beta) and Rising Storm/RO2 Multiplayer (and beta) showing in My Games (I've downloaded RO2 and am now downloading Rising Storm Multiplayer) so maybe it has given me them all for free Smile
I believe you get the full RO2 game for free, and you get to play Rising Storm MP but only with a single class, unless you buy Rising Storm.
(04-23-2014, 11:50 PM)MavericK link Wrote: [ -> ]I believe you get the full RO2 game for free, and you get to play Rising Storm MP but only with a single class, unless you buy Rising Storm.

Yeah, that seems to be what it says.

The two betas have disappeared from my Library now, so I guess unless you had to download any parts that you wanted before the offer expired.
Oh man, too tired to think about what gets me what, I just pressed download button. Always wanted to have this one, but I was afraid it will end up being neglected on my hard drive just like Red Orchestra 1.
Never got this game to work properly, even between reformats. Settings never saved, weird glitches and resolution problems.
I see the two betas are back in my Library but now they show as available for the next 2 days, so it looks like they're just a weekend freebie. Not really sure what the point is, unless most MP action is using the betas.