Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Hi CiA!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello boys and girls,
nice to see another ARMA3 community playing something else than KoH, Annex... so on
I'm part of small group of friends who enjoy small-medium sized missions, hardcore preferably, team play oriented.
Variable invited me here, i was surprised to see your YT videos and the huge number of missions you have on the server  :o. I thought we have many (100+) Smile We currently play on VforVictory servers, V4V is an open gaming community is not clan related, and is focused mostly on ARMA, DayZ, Rust, BF2 and some other occasional games.

I wish to take advantage of this opportunity and say hi to Outlaw, we've played missions done by him and we enjoyed them a lot.

Currently i work on a project called TOP100 ARMA3 co-op tactical missions and is our attempt to find the best pack of missions that fits our taste and hopefully more players will benefit from our work, because we focus basically on missions that makes ARMA3 shine: team work, danger, stake, skill and more team work.

Youtube is something relatively new for me, but i'm getting better and better Smile
If you want to check out my channel please do so and if you like what you see please comment, subscribe or make suggestions. Thanks!  Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/user/aliascartoons

As you will see my style is pretty original and different when it comes to video review, a bit unorthodox i might say, i'm still working to refine it but is coming along. Here it is one of my last videos:

[url=
Welcome Alias! Always glad to see people who appreciate the game for what it's meant to be. Good luck with your project!
Thanks buddy, i'm looking forward to play some missions on your server.
Can i record on your server?... Giving the credits of course.
(05-13-2014, 02:09 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks buddy, i'm looking forward to play some missions on your server.
Can i record on your server?... Giving the credits of course.
Sure, make sure to post it on our youtube thread.
OK, thanks man.
I also saw Varanon around here as well, is the same guy with mission maker? I think we played some missions made by him.... Convoy Rogain is one of them from what i remember.
You all make missions around here? Smile
(05-13-2014, 06:56 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thanks man.
I also saw Varanon around here as well, is the same guy with mission maker? I think we played some missions made by him.... Convoy Rogain is one of them from what i remember.

That's me, yeah. There's a new vewrsion of that one, by the way, in case you ran into the naked guys problem
(05-13-2014, 06:56 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]You all make missions around here? Smile

Distinguished mission makers playing on CiA coop nights:
Alwarren (FHQ)
Varanon (FHQ)
ck-claw (probably too drunk to release them to public, though Tongue )
Outlawz7
Phantom Six
VanhA
Sithis
SPhoenix
Igor Drukov

All of them make missions that would be perfect for the TOP100 review project!

Guys, please remind me if I forgot to add someone.
(05-12-2014, 04:01 PM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]I wish to take advantage of this opportunity and say hi to Outlaw, we've played missions done by him and we enjoyed them a lot.

Hello Smile

Apologies, I rejected your BI forum friend request because I had no idea who you were a few days ago  :-[, you're welcome to request it again.
(05-13-2014, 10:33 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]That's me, yeah. There's a new vewrsion of that one, by the way, in case you ran into the naked guys problem

Yeah, we had that problem, we lost our gear too, but we won anyways Smile

Np Outlaw, i'll add you next time.

Igor does great missions as well, i have some feedback for him on armaholic.
Claw and Phantom Six sounds familiar as well.

I'm glad to meet you guys and thank you for having me.

There is a thread on forums where you have the missions? Gimmie a link pls.

TOP100 is more like a pretext to promote these type of missions, it's a shame to see ARMA turned in COD or BF in maps like King of the Hill, i mean could be a nice gameplay but is not what ARMA does the best.

I didn't check the whole list of missions you have, but in case you didn't play try When Civilians campaign and Echo Diary.

To be honest a TOP100 doesn't really make sense in a perfect world, most missions i played so far deserve maximum points and all authors deserve a spot in the light cuz they make shine this great platform which is ARMA. This TOP is more like a way to make people pay attention and help them to find what they want to play. I wasted a lot of time to find missions i like to play, other than Domination/Annex  :-X, and as you know is hard to find a public server if not impossible with what we call tactical missions.

Today i'm reinstalling OS on a bigger SSD so i have room for the mods you use, therefore expect to see me on your server.

P.S. Great job on FHQ guys!
(05-13-2014, 11:34 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]There is a thread on forums where you have the missions? Gimmie a link pls.
Only the Google mission list I'm afraid. You can find almost all of them by performing a google search with the mission name (without the underscores and the coXX prefix), along with the author's name.
If you still can't find one you want let me know and I'll have it sent to you.

You are doing God's work by promoting the classical coop style of play, keep it up!
(05-13-2014, 12:44 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]You are doing God's work by promoting the classical coop style of play, keep it up!

LOL, thank you my friend, you can call me Saint Stefan then Smile
(05-13-2014, 10:47 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]ck-claw (probably too drunk to release them to public, though Tongue )

Thats fooking slander!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Never thought they were good enough tbh!

I did release one mission- When 'Warfare' 1st came out in Arma 1, i did a port to the 'Ofp World' islands (which was all the Ofp Islands on one map) that allowed you to fast travel to each island once you had captured a town on another island!
BI Forums & Armaholic
(05-13-2014, 07:45 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]Never thought they were good enough tbh!

Not good enough? Are you kidding me? Reöease them! Naow!
(05-13-2014, 07:45 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]I did release one mission- When 'Warfare' 1st came out in Arma 1, i did a port to the 'Ofp World' islands (which was all the Ofp Islands on one map) that allowed you to fast travel to each island once you had captured a town on another island!

Ofp... what memories.. :Smile
I was obsessed about the game and obsessed by ARMA since then, i should buy it again, the original copy is in pieces, does even work anymore in win7?
(05-14-2014, 10:49 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]Ofp... what memories.. :Smile
I was obsessed about the game and obsessed by ARMA since then, i should buy it again, the original copy is in pieces, does even work anymore in win7?

You'll get the original plus Resistance with Arma: Cold War Assault... sadly, not the Red Hammer expansion
Pages: 1 2